Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits

That's a lot of coin for movies I already own several times in different renditions, I know there are Fanboys drooling for this one, and as a collector I can see the attraction, but not for me at take or leave $400 with tax.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

That's a lot of coin for movies I already own several times in different renditions, I know there are Fanboys drooling for this one, and as a collector I can see the attraction, but not for me at take or leave $400 with tax.

Fair point. I never bought 1-6 on Blu, just decided to wait for 4K. So that's a plus for this one. Will need to see how the features stack out (and if there's anything new/exclusive), or if there is a cheaper alternative that still boxes the 27 discs together.

It's available to pre-order now if anyone is interested btw.

Credits
    Hey everybody I hope everybody is safe and doing well through this COVID-19 craziness. I was also wondering if anyone has received their steelbook copy of the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker; it looks like I will not be receiving mine till April 2,2020. And I was just curious as to those that did receive their copy what kind of condition it came for example any spine slashes and/or Disney dents. Being from the Windsor,ONT area I am not sure were were if it is being shipped out of the Richmond, BC warehouse or the Mississauga, ONT warehouse; but the rumour I heard is allegedly the Richmond never has the Disney dents. Any information would be greatly appreciated; I really have no interest in leaving my house and am unsure how Best Buy Canada is dealing with merchandise returns at this time. In closing thank you everybody, stay safe and wishing everybody the best.

Credits

Mine shipped on Friday, I'll let you know when I get them.
    I'm not holding my breath for a perfect SteelBook unfortunately.

Credits
    Looks like the Canadian postal system has slowed, unsurprisingly given the situation. I got my shipping notification from BB yesterday and would normally receive a pre-order the next day, but so far nothing.

Credits

Interesting..... unless I missed something it appears that this SteelBook is now available to reserve and pick-up in store.
    I can't even remember when this option was made available for movies.

They actually have a button (filter) to switch next to the "Best Buy Only" for this option.

Last edited by jacques1400; 03-31-2020 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added last Line

Credits
    2 copies, shipped from Mississauga both have the mark on the plastic wrap on the back. One has a faint slash (think it’s from the printing And Disney Dent at the very edge by iTunes logo. Gonna call tomorrow for a discount since I’m not bothered to exchange one if there will be after my self isolation in 2 weeks. I have to return extra and my copy to repay with my gift card cause I can’t add it back to the current order with jumanji that had part of my gc.

Credits
    Update - postie actually dropped it at the doorstep this morning.

Credits

Long story short, I ended up with 4 copies because I had forgot that I initially ordered 2 copies in December when it was first posted. and 2 more copies when it re-appeared on the site.
    I had cancelled the first 2, but somehow they shipped and charged me anyway????

Regardless, 4 different shipments arrived in 4 boxes, all from Mississauga.
    One looked like this:

The other 3 had the Disney Dent, some worst than others, with only one having it small enough that I can probably fix it.

Normally I would have ordered a US copy, but now that the Canadian Dollar is down 30+ points, that's getting pricey.

On the front view it's difficult to see, but the damage extends equally from where we normally find the Disney dent, equally across the bottom front. This indicates to me that the picker pulled forward on the SteelBook while it was in an upright storage unit, rather than lifting it. You can also see a vertical indent extending to the bottom of the SteelBook on the back where we normally find the Disney Dent.

I'm 99.9% certain that the storage units used are the culprit for the Disney dent.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Oh My Gawd @jacques1400!!!

I am sorry to see that out of the 4 steelbooks they sent you one steelbook came in such atrocious condition and while this is no consolation while the other three did not come in this condition they were damaged; which I know sucks. The one I ordered came in decent condition but did have a small scratch which is barely visible so I will have to live with it.

Sadly ordering a BBYUS copy for any steelbook is going to be hard, not just because the Canadian Dollar is down 30+ points; but with the Canada, U.S. border closed to non-essential travel because of COVID-19 I do not think I will be able to make any trips there. I also read from someone from another site that Best Buy USA that a person did a curb side exchange. He had to put it in a bin (the employee wouldn't handle it) and it actually goes into quarantine for a certain amount of time. I believe he called the store ahead of time to let them know he was coming to the store for this purpose. Things may have changed since then and Canada may be doing things different but it's best to call the store first.

Has there been any word if movies like Onward, Sonic the Hedgehog, Birds of Prey and Bloodshot will get a Canadian steelbook or is this all for now.

Credits

Hopefully I'll get a chance to update the future releases at some point, but I'm pretty sure with the worldwide situation, many of the scheduled releases will now be cancelled or delayed.

Like many Canadian retailers, this will be a really difficult time to get through, I'm not even sure that BB CA will be able to survive through this since they've been on thin ice for a while now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12