Thanks Thanks:  7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

G.I. Joe Retaliation 2K SteelBook

Another Best Buy $10 Vintage, Check Often, Comes and Goes.

Best Buy CA

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I ordered a copy yesterday but something tells me my order will be canceled because they were unable to get stock. I say this because I had a similar situation happened were I placed two separate orders; on different dates for the Aladdin (SteelBook) and both were canceled because they were unable to fill my order because of lack of stock. So I do not have to much hope I will get this steelbook.

Credits
    Well I was right when I thought my order will be canceled because Best Buy CAN would be unable to get stock. I got a message on yesterday (April 19, 2021 5:06PM) that said

"Thank you for your recent order of G.I. Joe Retaliation (English) (SteelBook) (Blu-ray). Unfortunately, we ran out of stock and weren’t able to secure additional inventory for this product, so we had to cancel it at this time. Rest assured, you won’t be charged for this order. We’re extremely sorry about this cancellation and would like to make it up to you with a $5 eCertificate. You can apply this eCertificate to the purchase of almost anything on BestBuy.ca.*"

This is the third time I placed an order on a past steelbook that has been placed back on for online preorder (twice for the Aladdin 2019 and the G.I. Joe Retaliation SteelBook). Also I know Aladdin is back up for online order but; at this point I am past sick of BBYCAN and ordered it from another source it seems they do not know what they are doing.

Credits

I did Curbside/In Store Pickup for mine, so I guess that would be your best bet.
    Mind you, I'm fairly sure I already have them stored in boxes somewhere, but couldn't resist for $10

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I did Curbside/In Store Pickup for mine, so I guess that would be your best bet.
    Mind you, I'm fairly sure I already have them stored in boxes somewhere, but couldn't resist for $10

Thanks jacques1400,

Unfortunately, they did not and/or do not have In Store Pickup at my store in Windsor for G.I. Joe Retaliation. That would have been my first option; the only two steelbooks titles that are available for free store pickup are the Friday the 13th Part 2 and the Captain Marvel Limited Edition SteelBook. Other than that everything is online orders for the Best Buy in my area. At this point I guess it is one of those things were "The Powers That Be' are telling me I did not need that steelbook.

Credits
    Guess what the G.I. Joe Retaliation SteelBook is back up for online order. Being the glutton for punishment and/or fool that I am; I put in another online order to see what happens. Now lets see if this order gets canceled; unfortunately there is no in store orders in my area for this steelbook.

Credits
    Well I have to admit say what you will about Best Buy; but they are consistent. They are consistently incompetent because my second online order for the G.I. Joe Retaliation steelbook was cancelled. I got another message April 26, 2021 at 5:06PM that stated

Thank you for your recent order of G.I. Joe Retaliation (English) (SteelBook) (Blu-ray). Unfortunately, we ran out of stock and weren’t able to secure additional inventory for this product, so we had to cancel it at this time. Rest assured, you won’t be charged for this order. We’re extremely sorry about this cancellation and would like to make it up to you with a $5 eCertificate. At this point I just hope this does not occur with newer online steelbook orders.