Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

[Review: NS] X-Men 2

NS = No Spoilers

Bryan Singer sure did fine work on a famous comic series and turn it into a motion picture. Don't often see director's transform a popular story into a believable universe for the viewers. X2 made itself a very good sequel to its predecessor. Not only did the crew of X2 made some outstanding presentation this movie but the cast delivered tremendous. The most outstanding performances were from Ian McKellen (Magneto), Famke Janssen (Jean Grey), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique) & of course Hugh Jackman (Wolverine). Character interaction are much more believable and real as soon as the movie is rolled. Not only are the characters fantastic but the story of mutant hate in the world can be categorized and linked to today's issues.

The world is on the verge of civil riots when the mutant issue comes up. Mutants try now to live mixed with normal humans but there is some sort of jealousy or hate that divides them. All over the world this is down from inside the White House to street protests and all the way to family separation. Overall, we're shown mutants aren't bad just special people that don't abuse their powers for the greater... but unfortunately there are some that become egotistical with their gifts, like Pyro. The younger generation of X-Men that are like any other teenager.

Jokes were toned down and more played by the younger generation of mutants we see... in a good way tho. The number of new mutants seen are awesome. We see a taste of the powers at their maximum strength used against the normal world and how any little advantage can change any situation to security and/or anarchy.

You certainly don't need to watch the first X-Men to follow on X2 but it helps with the story of why. X2 even explains events that follow on into the movie from X1. The whole movie itself felt like a massive world being handed to you piece by piece and put together to create this fantastic surreal world. Watch out for Famke Janssen which is very delivering and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos now actor (Femme Fatale) turned from super model. Its great to see talent spark out from the shadows.

Special effects with the story are a much big step since the last X-Men and to add, that I could not tell what was fx or real. No over done shots. The introduction opened very nicely getting straight down to the point (pun intended). Ending... well, won't give anything away but very good minor twists that become interesting later.

I'm giving this movie a barely 9/10 since the few actors deliver hot action roles. Not often I give major action movies a high rating but all characters had enough screen time to explain their situation and more. Back stories included for those ones like myself who want anything explained.

Your review?

PS: Advertisement doesn't do this movie justice. Word of mouth is the best so tell ur friends. It fits all genre. Yes... girls will love the movie. Hugh Jackman topless. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 04-30-2003 at 02:14 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I havemy ticket and it starts in 45mins!!!

THIS IS THE LONGEST HOUR OF MY LIFE!!!
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits

Re: [Review: NS] X-Men 2

Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    NS = No Spoilers
    Yes... girls will love the movie. Hugh Jackman topless. That's all I'm saying.
    Yes Baby in 8 Hours he will be mine...:big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    Great Movie Really Really Great....
    It is much better then the first part....more fun...more Mutants more action more X
    I WOuld give this movie a 8.5/10....
    Nightcrawler is just awsome....
    And Wolverin is more funny then ever....
    I Want to see more from COllosus and Nightcrawler.....

Credits
    I just wonder how Nightcrawler turns out in german dubbed movie... I guess not near as good as in original.... he was the best
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    Originally posted by BuDi
    I just wonder how Nightcrawler turns out in german dubbed movie... I guess not near as good as in original.... he was the best
    actually all that effect will be lost.... .. i watched it in original english and everytime Nightcrawler speaks... which is most of the time in GERMAN.... the whole audience laughs....hehehehe... in German dubb...this will be gone...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    actually all that effect will be lost.... .. i watched it in original english and everytime Nightcrawler speaks... which is most of the time in GERMAN.... the whole audience laughs....hehehehe... in German dubb...this will be gone...
    Yeah but it was still cool.....
    But i think the dupped Wolverine was great...great voice and very funny the whole audience laugh when he talkes and makes his funny things....

Credits
    actually Nightcrawler is the most funny in the movie (english version) ... if u watch in English... Nightcrawler only speaks, most of the time in GERMAN... he prays in German, greets the Xmen in German, .... and its soooo funny if u are a german(coz u understand him)..hehehe

btw.. when Nightcrawler speaks they did not make SUBS for us here.. did they make any in non German speaking countries?
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-01-2003 at 05:58 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    actually Nightcrawler is the most funny in the movie (english version) ... if u watch in English... Nightcrawler only speaks, most of the time in GERMAN... he prays in German, greets the Xmen in German, .... and its soooo funny if u are a german(coz u understand him)..hehehe

btw.. when Nightcrawler speaks they did not makes subs for us here.. they they in non Germanm speaking countries?
    It is just like in Password Swordfish...
    THe Hacker talks in original in German but in the german version he speaks finnish....with a very very bad russian accent

Credits
    Originally posted by Matrix
    It is just like in Password Swordfish...
    THe Hacker talks in original in German but in the german version he speaks finnish....with a very very bad russian accent
    how about in movies like Saving Private Ryan (Soldat James Ryan, Der) ... where they need an interpreter for German, but in the German version it will look weird coz they speak German and still need someone to translate to them what the German soldier said when Tom Hanks already spoke and asked in German...lol

Credits
    I thought it was very good, but the first one was also very good. I'd say they where both equaly good.

I give both films 8.5\10

Credits
    Absolutly awesome. For the first time I'm happy as a movie fan to live in Germany (two days before US release, saw it in a preview )

Credits
    Originally posted by LordTrailer
    Absolutly awesome. For the first time I'm happy as a movie fan to live in Germany (two days before US release, saw it in a preview )
    He He me too but i would give my right arm to see matrix just @ the same time like the us...
    Damn german Warner Brothers Suxxs....cant release it on the same week like us...
    Take a look @ Fox they are doing it for Big Movies...like X2 or with Star Wars....

Credits
    http://www.whwn.com/movies/2003/X2/review.htm

I loved it. Film of the year so far.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    http://www.whwn.com/movies/2003/X2/review.htm

I loved it. Film of the year so far.

ohhhhh and there are 2 Bond girls running around in this movie.

also Alan Cumming was in Goldeneye...hehehehe
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-02-2003 at 03:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast