Thanks Thanks:  7
    Credits

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins 4K UHD SteelBook

Retail Wide, Street Date October 19, 2021

Amazon.ca // Amazon US // Best Buy US // DeepDiscount

Last edited by jacques1400; 08-25-2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Update

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Placeholder now listed on Amazon.ca.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Placeholder now listed on Amazon.ca.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-2021/M2233742

Now up on Best Buy

Credits
    Thank you @Crom71 for announcing this steelbook; I guess Best Buy CAN is making it hard for people to find steelbook exclusive; because I could not find in the Steelbooks and/or the Movies & Music sections when I looked this morning. Again @Crom71 thank you for announcing this steelbook; also did anybody see this and what did you think of the movie.

Credits

Cull Obsidian, this is not an exclusive, so if you were searching for "exclusive," you would not find it, it's available retail wide.
    Amazon still only has the placeholder, but they're having supply issues like everyone else.
    Other retailers, should follow suite at some point.

Credits
    https://www.sunriserecords.com/produ...ed-stbk-4k-uhd

Sunrise Records now listing it. Much cheaper price, but remember threshold for free shipping is $50.

Credits

And Sunrise charges you upon ordering the item.
    It takes forever to receive the shipments as well, everything is shipped from their West Edmonton Mall Store via UPS ground.
    On a positive side, the last 2 orders I received were in perfect condition and packed with care.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

And Sunrise charges you upon ordering the item.
    It takes forever to receive the shipments as well, everything is shipped from their West Edmonton Mall Store via UPS ground.
    On a positive side, the last 2 orders I received were in perfect condition and packed with care.

My last two orders were shipped in bubble mailers. First package got “lost” by UPS for a week. Eventually found and delivered in rough shape. However, The Thing was unscathed by the ordeal. Second mailer had two Steelbooks in it with no additional protective packaging inside. Luck on my side again as they were not damaged.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cull Obsidian View Post
    Thank you @Crom71 for announcing this steelbook; I guess Best Buy CAN is making it hard for people to find steelbook exclusive; because I could not find in the Steelbooks and/or the Movies & Music sections when I looked this morning. Again @Crom71 thank you for announcing this steelbook; also did anybody see this and what did you think of the movie.
    I saw the movie...frankly, I did not think it was very good. I went in with low expectations and was still disappointed. This may be just a 'me' issue. I grew up with GIJoe and Snake Eyes as my favorite character...and this was just not him or what I would imagine he would be like. I understand they had to change some things up from the comics/tv show to modernize it a bit but nothing is familiar. It's hard to explain more than that without getting into spoilers.

Again, if you know nothing about Snake Eyes from the comics/tv show, you may enjoy it a whole lot more. However, even then, I find there are still issues with how they portray a 'heroic' character.

It's a shame, I like the look of the steelbook but i'll be passing because I just cannot support this movie...lol!
    Last edited by dlobo12; 10-04-2021 at 06:39 AM. Reason: clarification

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dlobo12 View Post
    I saw the movie...frankly, I did not think it was very good. I went in with low expectations and was still disappointed. This may be just a 'me' issue. I grew up with GIJoe and Snake Eyes as my favorite character...and this was just not him or what I would imagine he would be like. I understand they had to change some things up from the comics/tv show to modernize it a bit but nothing is familiar. It's hard to explain more than that without getting into spoilers.

Again, if you know nothing about Snake Eyes from the comics/tv show, you may enjoy it a whole lot more. However, even then, I find there are still issues with how they portray a 'heroic' character.

It's a shame, I like the look of the steelbook but i'll be passing because I just cannot support this movie...lol!
    Thanks @dlobo12, I did see the movie and am familiar with Snake Eyes from the comics/tv show. But it did not seem like the Snake Eyes from either the comics, tv show and/or the previous movies and what little side G.I Joe character they had from the franchise were uninteresting. I did reserve a copy but plan on canceling it mainly because it did not hold my interest and would not watch it again; so better to just save my money.