Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The Last Hero In China

I still haven't been able to see HERO but I did manage to get hold of another excellant Jet Li movie. It's called [b[THE LAST HERO IN CHINA[/b] and it's an excellant film.

IT'S A ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA!!!!!

Not sure whether it was released before the trilogy but it features Jet Li once again as folk hero Wong Fei Hung.
    :big grin:
    And in the end he get's to break out some of the moves he learned as Jackie Chan in Drunken Master. :big grin:

Credits
    I still think the best Wong Fei-Hung flick is Iron Monkey.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Actually, the back story of 'The Last Hero in China' goes like this:

During the filming of 'Once Upon a Time in China III', Jet Li and director Tsui Hark had some bad disputes and apparently their partnership broke up after the completion of that film.

While Tsui Hark found a new actor to play the role of Wong Fei-Hung in the next 2 sequels, Jet Li went on appearing in this film, which is sort of a spoof/rip-off of Tsui Hark's 'original' Wong Fei-Hung series and a direct competition to 'Once Upon a Time in China & America'.

A couple of years later Jet Li and Tsui Hark made up and that's why Jet Li returned to appear in 'Once Upon a Time in China VI'.
    Last edited by editman; 02-12-2003 at 12:16 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List