Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Oscar 2004 ... yes FOUR!

I mean ... this is really odd. The Oscars 2003 are still a month ahead, but there's already Oscar talk for 2004! Most of the following movies aren't finished or even PRODUCED yet ... ... so how can you judge something that doesn't even exist?

So I have my doubts this list has any truth, but I'll post it anyway, just to see which movies will be replaced with other flicks throughout the year. Perhaps someone remembers this thread in twelve months... :bday:

BEST PICTURE: The Alamo (Disney); Cold Mountain (Miramax); Dogville (Fine Line...?); The Last Samurai (Warner Bros.); Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (New Line); Master and Commander (20th Century Fox ...the big-time return of Peter Weir); Matrix Reloaded/Matrix Revolutions (Warner Bros. ...got a hunch '03 is the year that sci-fi/ fantasy will break through with the Academy); Whale Rider (Newmarket... how big will this film catch on once average Americans discover it?).

BEST DIRECTOR: Andy and Larry Wachowski (Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions -- nomination won't happen unless the boys come out of hiding and step around and show their faces); Anthony Minghella (Cold Mountain); John Lee Hancock (The Alamo); Edward Zwick (The Last Samurai); Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King). Not to Mention: Mike Newell (Mona Lisa Smile ); Peter Weir (Master and Commander); Kevin Smith (Jersey Girl); Marc Forster (Neverland); Lars von Trier (Dogville).

BEST ACTOR: Jude Law (Cold Mountain); Jim Carrey (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind); Dennis Quaid ( The Alamo... unless he wins the Best Supporting Actor prize for Far From Heaven, in which case his chances will probably be reduced); Ben Affleck (Jersey Girl); Russell Crowe (Master and Commander); Billy Bob Thornton (Bad Santa); Cuba Gooding (Radio).

BEST ACTRESS: Julia Roberts (Mona Lisa Smile); Kate Winslet (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Nicole Kidman (Cold Mountain or Dogville unless she wins the Best Actress prize for The Hours, in which case her chances will probably be reduced).

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Dustin Hoffman (Neverland); Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai), Billy Bob Thornton (The Alamo); Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Cold Mountain); Alec Baldwin ( The Cooler); Ed Harris (Radio).

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kate Winslet (Neverland); Kirsten Dunst (Mona Lisa Smile); Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider); Rene Zellweger (Cold Mountain); Samantha Morton (In America ); Maria Bello (The Cooler).

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Andy and Larry Wachowski (Matrix Reloaded /Revolutions); Kevin Smith (Jersey Girl); Mark Konner, Lawrence Rosenthal (Mona Lisa Smile); Charlie Kaufman ( Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind): Robert Ramsey, Matthew Stone, Joel and Ethan Coen (Intolerable Cruelty); John Requa and Glenn Ficar (Bad Santa); Stephen Knight (Dirty Pretty Things); James Ivory, Ruth Prawer Jhabvala (Le Divorce); Frank Hannah, Wayne Kramer (The Cooler).

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Anthony Minghella (Cold Mountain); David Magee (Neverland); John Sayles, Stephen Gaghan and John Lee Hancock (The Alamo); John Logan (The Last Samurai); Niki Caro (Whale Rider); Neil Labute (The Shape of Things).

Source

Credits
    isnt movie poop shoot a parody site run by kevin smith.. or does it actually report legit news???

i wonder if jay and silent bob are staring at the screen ..
    when they read afflecks nomination for jersey girl.. start shouting.. AFFLECK WAS THE BOMB IN PHANTOMS.. Yo!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits

Exclamation

Originally posted by The Digital Rich
    isnt movie poop shoot a parody site run by kevin smith.. or does it actually report legit news???
    It _WAS_ a parody site. For J&SBSB. But after the theatrical release they turned it into quite a resourceful movie news site. Wells has written his column over @ reel.com, before they have sacked him there. Now he is doin his job @ moviepoopshot ...

Credits

Cool

Hum.... very interesting.

Kevin Smith (Jersey Girl)
    So that means that Jersey Girl is going to be a serious movie. Coolnessness :big grin:

Credits

Cool

Best Actor : Ben Affleck
    Come on, this MUST be fake !

Credits
    Best Picture: Matrix Reloaded/Revolution.....Trust me....

Credits
    I have my doubts... I think they're gonna give'r to ROTK. in 2k4, ROTK is goig to own every major category. It'll win best director, best score, best picture, you name it. Matrix will get best VFX, sound, editing, etc... and the acting awards can go wherever.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    wheres Mischa?

anyway i just saw the trailer of Cold Mountain .. and damn.. that surely looks like another Oscar movie... did u hear the accent of Nicole Kidman .. how the hell does she do that..lol
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod
    wheres Mischa?

anyway i just saw the trailer of Cold Mountain .. and damn.. that surely looks like another Oscar movie... did u hear the accent of Nicole Kidman .. how the hell does she do that..lol
    computer generated voice...you can talk and the pc makes you sound with an accent....

Credits
    I nominate myself

Credits
    it seems The Alamo wont make it coz it got delayed, anyway i would bet cold mountain would win or maybe LOTR or even Whale Rider , saw this movie the other day and its fantastic !!!

Credits
    Cold mountain will prob win Best Picture, but I felt really bad at the end of the Matrix Revolutions, the film really impacted me, that should count for something right?
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Ian McKellen should get something! He's the best actor I've ever seen (with the exception of Jack Nicholson).

Credits
    Best Actor: Ben Kingsley for House of Sand and Fog, the guy is sownright scary and the character was written specifically for him to play