Thanks Thanks:  42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

International SteelBooks

Best Buy Canada appears to have given up on Collectable Packaging.
    This may change in the future, but as it stands, "Sunrise Records" is the last retailer to offer some, and very few at that, reflecting some of the offers from Target in the US.

Leaving aside the hoarders of eBay, our choices are now limited to importing from International retailers who ship to this country in the likes of Zavvi.

Our Canadian Pesos is not doing us any favours, but that's probably a factor in the equation.

Having said this, please use this thread to list any links for International purchases which might be of interest to Collectors.

Note: When listing Zavvi, please use the UK or US links, that's where the catalogues originate from for all other sites.

Post Away!!!!

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    As much as I am glad that we are able to receive Disney (Marvel,PIXAR, etc) steelbooks through Zavvi. The one issue I have is that Best Buy US's collectable steelbooks like Thor: Love and Thunder and Lightyear had some embossing and debossing while Zavvi has none. While a small issue it does make you feel (for lack of a beter word) like you are getting an inferior version. But that is just me.

Credits

Memento 2K SteelBook

Anyone who collects 101 Films Black Labels will appreciate this one, Not too Sure if it's "B" locked or not, Street Date September 25, 2023

Amazon UK // 101 Films

** Amazon is 1£ or 2£ cheaper once VAT is removed

Credits

I recall having mentioned this when you were inquiring about Zavvi, there are variations at times from the North American finish being "Matte" rather than "Gloss", and as you saw, "Embossing" & "Debossing". They do cater to a different market after all.

Makes complaints about bilingual packaging during the Heyday of Canadian SteelBooks trivial doesn't it?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I recall having mentioned this when you were inquiring about Zavvi, there are variations at times from the North American finish being "Matte" rather than "Gloss", and as you saw, "Embossing" & "Debossing". They do cater to a different market after all.

Makes complaints about bilingual packaging during the Heyday of Canadian SteelBooks trivial doesn't it?

To be honest I actually like the "Matte" finish over the "Gloss" finish on these steelbooks. Allegedly the consensus is gloss is usually cheaper than matte; that is of no importance or relevance that is personal taste. Also when it came to the topic of complaints about bilingual packaging; I really did not have a concern other than if it was going to effect us getting DCEU and other steelbooks titles at Best Buy CAN. But the "Embossing" & "Debossing" I was mistaken and thought that was something all regions would have I read Zavvi and Best Buy don’t design the SteelBooks. Also, Best Buy USA “Exclusive” means they are the exclusive retailer for that release in BBYUSA. Sometimes finishes are different, one country gets a glossy finish while the other gets a flat matte finish, or one has embossing/debossing and the other is flat. There’s no set “Zavvi always has gloss and embossing” or “Best Buy always has flat matte.” I guess it depends on the individual release, and often times we don’t know until they’ve both been received in hand by someone and I will learn to live with. At least I am getting a steelbook which is the goal.

Credits

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Best Buy USA

The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is online for prerorder at Best Buy USA with a release date of 02/07/2023 and priced at $38.99 USD. In addition to the fact it is being released in two variant steelbook art cover (the Talokan and Wakanda art). Since I doubt this being released in Canada and I do not see this on the Zavvi website I guess I will be missing out on this steelbook.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever [Wakanda] Art 4K UHD/Bluray combo Steelbook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6530647_sd.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	22210

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-p...?skuId=6530647

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever [Talokan] Art 4K UHD/Bluray combo Steelbook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6530638_sd.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	22211

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-p...?skuId=6530647

Credits
    Both variants are available on zaavi now

Credits
    The steelbook for Disney's Strange World is available for preorder at Zavvi https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/strang.../14222366.html and Best Buy USA https://www.bestbuy.com/site/strange...?skuId=6530517. But I am curious as to the Zavvi version because it states that it is region B which means it can only be played on blurays in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand. Maybe this is a typo on Zavvi's part because it also states it only has a Bluray disc; in comparison to Best Buy USA's version which has the 4KUHD/Bluray combo.

Credits

I saw that a while ago, and as you state it's region "B" locked.
    It's not a Typo, that's because it's a Blu-ray only edition, hence it needs to be locked since they don't have the rights to the North American market.
    4K's don't have region coding, hence they are fine worldwide.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

I saw that a while ago, and as you state it's region "B" locked.
    It's not a Typo, that's because it's a Blu-ray only edition, hence it needs to be locked since they don't have the rights to the North American market.
    4K's don't have region coding, hence they are fine worldwide.

That is unfortunate I guess I will have to pass on this steelbook.

Credits
    Just a heads up, Zavvi will no longer ship steelbooks (among other stuff) to countries outside UK. So FNAC (and the customs) along with Amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr will be our only options from now on.

Credits

Did you get this as official from Zavvi?
    And does this include purchases through Zavvi US?

Credits
    It was circulating a while back on reddit, and I didnt pay attention, and on a discord server. But now, there is no way to order from Canada. There is also netxt to no steelbooks on the Zavvi US website. A german article (which I’ll try to find back) just confirmed it. Saying it MIGHT come back around march/april. Will update the thread once I find the article back.

Credits
    Sorry guys, I meant preorders. Just realized I wasn’t clear. They are of course honoring previous orders

Credits

No need, I just tried to place an order and the only shipping option is UK.
    Since all the other sites (Canada & United States) are simply fronts for the most parts, they are all lacking the usual new UK goods.

Hopefully it's a simple transition for International Shipping, otherwise so much for Zavvi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast