Thanks Thanks:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Well that sucks.... At least they are honoring the preorders already made which means I'll get my Black Panther - Wakanda Forever shipped... Hopefully it's resolved by the time the new Antman drops... I've really just been buying the Marvel steelbooks in recent years since the market dried up or availability (with the exception of after market) was low.

Credits
    There is still the FNAC option, which ships a LOT faster, but they use DHL as shippers, and the customs are like 25$ per movies

Credits

As stated, FNAC is seriously expensive, I purchased a single Mondo from the first release with them, unfortunately it was an exclusive. Never again!

You get hit with a ludicrous shipping charge right off the bat, and at the time the VAT was not excluded from the pricing to boot for International shipments, because in Europe the tax is included in the purchase price.
    Tag on the DHL brokerage fee, GST/PST, and whatever else they can think of, it's not worth it.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Exactly! Ridiculous

Credits

I double checked, and FNAC now credits the VAT, but it still amounts to a seriously expensive purchase.
    1X Mondo SteelBook converts to +/- $75.00 cdn delivered to your door using todays rates.

So be aware

Credits
    That's still about the price Wakanda Forver ending up costing from Zavvi ($71)

Credits

Can't debate that one, since I can't compare the costs associated with Zavvi, and I'm not sure of the exact amount charged by DHL for their brokerage either these days.

Credits
    Has anyone tried a forwarding company for BB US purchases?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
    Has anyone tried a forwarding company for BB US purchases?
    While I can't speak to the services of which you speak, I would doubt that Best Buy would allow shipping to them and/or would eventually catch on and stop shipping.

Here's the thing about Best Buy if they even suspect the address you're shipping to is a package or freight forwarder, they wont ship it. Your order will be cancelled and refunded so reliability is out the window. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a Fast Forward company that Best Buy doesnt already know about that they'd ship to and relay despite the costs associated to you.

Credits

We had that discussion, it's probably posted in the "Best Buy" thread.

When some of the SteelBooks became very limited in quantity a few years back, some tried to use a forwarding company and were unable to complete their orders.
    Best Buy states that their purchases are for US use only, so they Blacklist any use of known forwarding agents.

Unless you have family or friends in the US, that's the extent of it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

We had that discussion, it's probably posted in the "Best Buy" thread.

When some of the SteelBooks became very limited in quantity a few years back, some tried to use a forwarding company and were unable to complete their orders.
    Best Buy states that their purchases are for US use only, so they Blacklist any use of known forwarding agents.

Unless you have family or friends in the US, that's the extent of it.

Yes @jacques1400 we did have this discussion on "Best Buy" thread on 08-27-2019 around page 6. Sadly, at this time nothing has changed when it comes to steelbook orders at BBYUSA being shipped to Canada through package or freight forwarder, they wont ship it.. Granted there is one company called Planet Express claiming they "Get International Shipping From Best Buy USA". Here is the link https://planetexpress.com/how-to/bestbuy/

Credits

They may be able to get around it, but looking at the process it appears they simply have a network of buyers who place orders on your behalf for a cost, basically Hoarders on demand.
    It's also the buyers responsibility to fill out all the paperwork through their website for shipping internationally.

But Hey! If it works, why not. I get the impression that the costs would probably similar to purchasing an item through eBay, difference being that you probably have a better chance on eBay to get an undamaged copy and you're protected.

But until someone tries it, it's simply speculation.

Credits

I did a little more research, and they're actually a newer (2017) outfit in the "forwarding" game, based out of California.
    So it's only a matter of time before they get flagged, if it's not been done already.

This article is dated, but it explains their services:

https://ecommerce-platforms.com/ecom...express-review

Anyone willing to give it a try, let us know how it works out.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

https://ecommerce-platforms.com/ecom...express-review

Anyone willing to give it a try, let us know how it works out.

No I think i will have to pass on this one; with my luck my order would never arrive.

Credits
    I tried Planet Express once. It's ok. They will pre-order too so that's one thing, but they charge a surcharge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast