Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Wink Robert Duvall hates Canadian actors

Robert Duvall recently spent 13 weeks filming the western Open Range in Alberta with Kevin Costner, but apparently the experience was not to his liking. "I prefer not to work in Canada," the 72-year-old actor groused. "I prefer to work in my own country. There are better actors down there. That's why they have to import so many actors for their Canadian productions." He insisted his next feature Secondhand Lions, co-starring British actor Michael Caine, be shot in Texas. "I said I wasn't interested in shooting it in Canada."

Credits

Re: Robert Duvall hates Canadian actors

lol
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    lol.... as if i give a rats ass what he thinks......
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    It really is interesting how so many Hollywood pictures are being filmed on location here in Canada. I suppose this is primarily due to the fact that our Canuck buck is a bargain compared with the "Greenback", and some persuasive tax incentives have been initiated as our Governments recognize this climate of opportunity. So, if Mr. Duvall doesn't want to shoot here .. then stay home, buddy!
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    Robert Duvall hates Canadians? Well, Canadians hate Robert Duvall.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    What a moron. And to think I actually enjoyed watching his work.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits

Re: Robert Duvall hates Canadian actors

Originally posted by Equinox
    Robert Duvall recently spent 13 weeks filming the western Open Range in Alberta with Kevin Costner, but apparently the experience was not to his liking. "I prefer not to work in Canada," the 72-year-old actor groused. "I prefer to work in my own country. There are better actors down there. That's why they have to import so many actors for their Canadian productions." He insisted his next feature Secondhand Lions, co-starring British actor Michael Caine, be shot in Texas. "I said I wasn't interested in shooting it in Canada."
    I'd like to see a source on this.

Credits

It was here.

Credits

the nerve...

and this dick is coming BACK up here this fall to film another movie.

They should turn him back at the border

Credits
    RE: "Robert Duvall hates Canadian actors"
    Bastard!

Credits
    Someone needs to teach him some manners...
    *Starts pounding fist*
    Canadian style! Ill invite him over for dinner and we'll talk it out.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits

Smile Robert Duvall and Canadians

I was never a big fan of this person, but his comments about not liking Canada doesn't surprise me. He is what I call a typical, big mouth, ignorant American and he is why countries all over hate the Americans and their country. I won't defend our actors, our country and film industry. He is a has been really and if he really doesn't like it here, please, stay home with Arnold and Robert - you all have the same mentality.