Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Remember ur first encounter wid M-L??

hey seeing as this is general chatter, me was jus wonderin today how i first came about using movie-list, and wow trust me, feels like its been a nice looong relationship that my computer has had wid this website
    i think the first ever time i came across ML was when i was on a search engine looking for the scary movie 1 trailer.....and ever since then......the fast updates just kept me grabbed and hooked to this site.....and here i am today
    was jus wondering if ane of u guys out there remember ure first encounter wid movie-list,?
    and oh yeah..JP....one question for u aswell, was wondering, who on this forum was the first ever to call u by ur initials JP?

Credits
    ahhh i remember comingsoon.net had links for trailers from this site, that was in 1998 or 1999, and usually i checked this site.

When QT released the Scream 3 trailer and the MI:2 trailersand also Star Wars EP1.... then WTF.... PC Internet Multimedia ROCKS.. i suddenly got hooked to QT trailers and also Divx3.11 trailers, I remember one of the 1st was Lost In Space.. these great quality trailers even forced me to buy a new system =) from a 233mhz MMX i got a P3 450 just to play back the trailers...lol

then i only registered in the forums last year, but I was visitng the site since 1999 =)

so much has changed... the internet now is so ****ING commercialized, real businessmen and LAWYERS got in and now the awesome freedom the net offered is slowly getting smaller.

just to download demos u have to register, so many sites u need to pay just to access :mad: ....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    lol................i feel the anger ur talkin bout, cuz i feel that anger too tisoy (btw great talkin to u tisoy...i think of u as a legend ....love ure work in these forums....u find alota stuff b4 i can even think about it..lol) nice to kno that i aint the only one who remembers the first encounter of M-L..............

and oh yeah...wen mission impossible 2 trailer came out....(that brings back alota memories) i use to be in secondary school dem days....and in break time...i always use to get a group of people crowding around my computer while i was watching the mission impossible 2 trailer agen and agen and agen from M-L.

i even got into detention becuz i got soo many people from my school to watch mi2 trailer, that half of em never did there IT work and secretly watched the MI2 trailer in class...and teachers knew i was the cause of that....lol

Credits
    umm.. i think the first encounter i had with movie list was way back when i was in grade 11.. which was 1999 ...

my first movie trailer i downloaded was the Lost-World Trailer, followed by the trailer for Tomorrow Never Dies... I then discovered movie list in time for Star Wars Ep1 - The World Is Not Enough etc..

I first discovered the way to view source and find the "real" QT link in Grade 11 when i wanted to take the gladiator trailer home from school.. and i needed to save it to disk.

One of the highlights was getting everyone in my IT class to watch the very first LOTR: Trilogy preview... remember the one where the screen expanded to look like widescreen...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Me, I don't remember exactly when I first came across this place. I know it was the M:I2 trailer that got me hooked though. I joined up on the forums a few months later, but it really wasn't until this september that I really started posting.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    hmmmmmm i wonder when this website musta first started off

Credits
    The site officially opened on April 10, 1997.
    But the forums weren't around til a couple years later.

Credits
    I've been following the website for about a year and a half but I only found out about the forums a couple of weeks ago. A firend at work was always getting thses cool trailers and I wanted to get them too. He directed me to this site, my hard-drive has never recovered!

Credits
    aahh kool, means this site been approx running for 6 years and still running strong, gota hand it to u JP....(THREE thumbs up)

Credits
    been around the forums whore quite a while now, and as a trailer downloader a long time before that, bak when the trailers where not all apple
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    How do I go from Junior member => Senior member=> and so on?

Credits

Re: Remember ur first encounter wid M-L??

Originally posted by aS!Dz
    hey seeing as this is general chatter, me was jus wonderin today how i first came about using movie-list, and wow trust me, feels like its been a nice looong relationship that my computer has had wid this website
    i think the first ever time i came across ML was when i was on a search engine looking for the scary movie 1 trailer.....and ever since then......the fast updates just kept me grabbed and hooked to this site.....and here i am today
    was jus wondering if ane of u guys out there remember ure first encounter wid movie-list,?
    and oh yeah..JP....one question for u aswell, was wondering, who on this forum was the first ever to call u by ur initials JP?
    Same here ...checking the site for the newest trailers and so on and then this year i decided to join the community :big grin:

@Tisoy everythink what is on the internet is for free you only godda know how to use it

Credits
    Originally posted by wirm
    How do I go from Junior member => Senior member=> and so on?
    It's based on the number of posts you've made.
    The more you make, the more you move up.

Credits
    hey so..jp........about my earlier question....ane idea who was the first to call u JP in this forum......or u totaly blank on that?

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    hey so..jp........about my earlier question....ane idea who was the first to call u JP in this forum......or u totaly blank on that?
    Hm my nick in short is GF and therefor when i talking to guys everybody was wondering if i am his Girlfriend /GF very unfunny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast