Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

LOTR: ROTK trailer info (just info)

From www.theonering.net

ROTK Trailer In Second Week Of March?
    2/25/03, 5:31 pm EST - leo

Ringer Spy Iluvatar writes: i got my dirty claws on a rumour from a friend who works for Edwards theatres. This weekend on firday night, tv networks will begin to re air the trailers for TTT but now at the end will be what we have all been waiting for...THE RETURN OF THE KING TRAILER HAS ARRIVED!!! I figured this would interest everyone whom has been starving for news on this subject just as I have. My source tells me that the preview will be shown at the end of the movie starting in the second weekend of March 2003. Hope you like this.

Like it? Heck yeah! Now folks, please keep in mind that this is the only news we have about the ROTK-trailer at the moment, so please don't email us for more; we'll throw it online when we have it.

Credits
    That's .... precious! Thanks, lafce!
    :big grin: :big grin:
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    just out of curiosity, when do you think they will be pulling TTT out of theaters? i forget when TFOTR was pulled last year. right now we are still showing it 3X a day and there are still people coming in to see, but no where near what it was like a month ago...most of the people who are coming in are the ones that want to watch it three or four times before it leaves the theater to DVD release....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    should be sweet
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Hell yeah!

Credits

more news

More news from www.comingsoon.net via www.theonering.net:

New Line: 'No Plans for ROTK trailer behind TTT'
    leo @ 1:25 pm EST

Well, I think we woke someone up with the last batch of rumors.. Apparently there will not be a trailer for The Return of the King attached to The Two Towers, that is at least what ComingSoon.net is reporting...

Word has it that New Line Cinema will copy last year's strategy when they placed a new preview for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers at the end of the first film after it had played in theaters for some time. The rumor is that the studio will attach a preview for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at the end of "The Two Towers" in March.

Not so, the studio tells us. New Line says that there are currently no plans to attach a clip for the third and final installment onto the second film.

That, of course, doesn't rule out the possibility we'll see a new trailer for "Return of the King" soon. New Line has Willard coming out on March 14 and then A Man Apart on April 4. Both could be candidates for them to attach a trailer to.

Source: ComingSoon.net

So there we have it; there are no plans (at the moment) to attach the trailer at the end of The Two Towers, but we just might get to see it in front of another movie...

Credits
    From Test Pattern:

Thursday, February 27th, 2003...The brilliant folks over at AICN have tipped us to some very interesting news regarding the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Extended Edition) DVD that is tentatively scheduled for November.
    Apparently, Peter Jackson has put so much time and energy into this new package that they haven't had the time to cut together a The Return of the King preview like they did with the second chapter last year. Recent speculation that a ROTK preview would be attached to the end of TTT soon were quashed by the director. He just hasn't had the time. So, we probably won't see a preview for the final chapter of the saga until May or June.

But, there is some good news for you LOTR fans. Jackson let slip that the reason the extended edition of Two Towers has taken up so much of his time is because the extra CG shots needed for the new footage is going to make the amazing Fellowship DVD look downright wimpy.

"The FOTR extended cut had 35 extra CG shots - the TT extended cut has over 150. WETA are plowing through those, plus starting ROTK. It's all very complex and we deemed an early ROTK trailer as simply too much to take on this time around."

So, there will be not be a new theatrical trailer right away but there will be extensive new footage for the next DVD? Sounds like a decent trade-off to me.

[Thanks to Ain't It Cool News; Reported by Brian@TP.] more scoops & news...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    That's great news!

Credits
    Originally posted by lafce
    That's great news!
    I hope you mean the Extended Edit of TTT, instead of not having a preview of ROTK tagged after TTT...

Credits

Wink

Good they aren't releasing preview now. All we could see online is a crappy bootleg as it was with early TTT preview last year.
    Last edited by Equinox; 03-02-2003 at 08:02 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox
    Good they aren't releasing preview now. All we could see online is a crappy bootleg as it was with early TTT preview last year.

There's NO ROTK preview at all. How could there be a bootleg if there's no preview? (It's like: how could you bend a spoon if there...is...no...spoon?)

Credits

Wink

Originally posted by editman

There's NO ROTK preview at all. How could there be a bootleg if there's no preview? (It's like: how could you bend a spoon if there...is...no...spoon?)
    I know there's NO preview at all. My point is IF they will release preview now, it will be bootleg, which of course not even worth to watch.

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox
    I know there's NO preview at all. My point is IF they will release preview now, it will be bootleg, which of course not even worth to watch.
    Riiiiight... I thought so....