Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Sherlock Holmes Strikes back

stolen from
    Ready for a 21st century twist to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic literary sleuth Sherlock Holmes? How about having his descendant be a ladies man who uses the family's keen sense of intuition to pick up chicks at swank London clubs? Or do you fancy the notion of a sexy female Dr. Watson as Holmes' sidekick?

That's the idea behind HOLMES AND WATSON, a pitch that was sold to New Line Cinema by producers William Sherak and Jason Shuman (DARKNESS FALLS). In this modern day twist on the Holmes/Watson partnership, it's Dr. Jane Watson who must recruit Sherlock's great-great-grandson to rise above the skirtchasing and use his sleuthing skills to solve the murder of Watson's best friend. Comic book scribe-turned-screenwriter James Robinson (THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLMEN) is the frontrunner to write the HOLMES AND WATSON script.

NOOOOO PLZ dont drag Holmes though the Hollywood mudd.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I've never been a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, but I've got nothing against it.

This new movie sounds like an interesting spin.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Hm sounds interesting and Boring at the same time.. :big grin:

Credits
    This new Sherlock Holmes stuff is disgrace for Doyle's legacy (like latest Hallmark stuff)

Last good Sherlock was Jeremy Brett.... but I'm waiting for DVD release of Young Sherlock Holmes too.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    Originally posted by BuDi
    This new Sherlock Holmes stuff is disgrace for Doyle's legacy (like latest Hallmark stuff)

Last good Sherlock was Jeremy Brett.... but I'm waiting for DVD release of Young Sherlock Holmes too.
    Agree

Credits
    There was a thread a while agay saying what old titles will there be a remake of.... i mentioned that SH will and I was right. I hope they will do it well!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Angry Nooooooooo!

Those jerks! Are they really going to do this!? How rude! Sherlock Holmes should not be disgraced like this! Are they really going to do this??!!!!!! UGH!! Sherlock deserves better!! Do they have to badger all great things!

Credits
    Considering this news was from two years ago, I'm pretty certain it's not happening.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    Considering this news was from two years ago, I'm pretty certain it's not happening.

Well let's hope not.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    It took years for people to come up with Lord of the Rings, and Spider-Man. Sherlock Holmes Strikes Back...May be striking any day now! (noooooooo!)