Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Mummy 3

Credits

The Mummy 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...7306799,83661,

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith report that when Universal unveils the next installment in its "Mummy" franchise, it may well be without stars Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz.

The duo says that the latest concept being unwound for the third film would have ancient King Imhotep waking up "in contemporary times, with new stars" according to "The Mummy" himself, Arnold Vosloo.

Vosloo notes that Brendan and Rachel were last seen with a kid in The Mummy Returns, and if they were to come back for more "Mummy" duty, questions about aging their characters would have to be addressed. On the other hand, "In a weird way, we've kind of done that period," observes Vosloo of the two films set in the 1920s. "Taking the story to a different time would open up all new possibilities. It could even be set in the 1950s or '60s -- whenever the Mummy wakes up."

oha!

pfffft..... eat my fat ass... this movie will suck.....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Re: The Mummy 3

Originally posted by tisoy
    http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...7306799,83661,

oha!

pfffft..... eat my fat ass... this movie will suck.....

keep the Rock faaaaaaar away and it might not
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I liked the first 2 films, but that had a lot to do with Frasiers goofey charm. With both him and John Hannah missing and the 20's style missing then they had better come up with something VERY good to replace it with. Doubtful.

Credits
    Shouldn't it be The Mummy 4? Or is it that The Scorpion King doesn't count as part of The Mummy series?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Shouldn't it be The Mummy 4? Or is it that The Scorpion King doesn't count as part of The Mummy series?
    The Mummy 3.4

This doesn't sound too good at all though...

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    The Mummy 3.4

This doesn't sound too good at all though...
    Maybe in Egyptian pictorialgram it'll look cool?...

Credits
    hahahha could you imagine the mummy waking up in a stargate episode? hhehehe.. or maybe the mummy waking up during the pyramid scene in the fifth element

ooh no.. not another mummy

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    I haven't seen the Mummy Returns yet (it's on my comp), but I liked the first one a lot.

A third one would be fun if they don't make it too cheesy
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    NOOO THis is evil. WHy would they ever do this?

Credits
    The First Mummy is great, I love it. The second is good, but it's a little weaker and doesn't have the same sense of fun and charm. It's no different than Harry Potter 1&2, or FOTR&TTT, but still. A thirs one, in modern times, could rock, depending on how they approached it. They should have military guys chasing after him, he should be in the Southwestern US, and Jeff Goldblum should be in it(No, not really). But if they just sort of duplicated the first one, with all the plagues and stuff, happening in LA? Damn. I want to see the rain of fire.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Actually I don't think it's that bad an idea. Bringing the duo back would just be about the same as the last two. Too repititve. Different ppls would be better IMHO.
    Waking in the 1950's, 60's would be a pretty cool idea as well.