Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

what really happened to "Tank"

Ok, for those of you who saw reloaded and wondered wtf happened to tank (e.g. you didn't remember his dying in matrix 1)...

MATRIX`s Tank sues RELOADED creators
    Actor sues movie studio, producers, parent company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, May 21, 2003

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
    By: News Editor
    Source: E! Online

Marcus Chong, the actor who portrayed Tank in the first MATRIX movie, has filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros., AOL Time Warner and the film's producers alleging that they shut him out of starring in the two sequels, THE MATRIX RELOADED and THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS. The lawsuit also claims that Chong was slandered by the parties named, even going so far as to say he was labelled a "terrorist" by the production. Chong wants the money he believes he would have earned had he starred in the two MATRIX sequels as well as an unspecified amount relating to damages.

Chong's character, the hovercraft operator Tank, was replaced with a new character named Link in RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, played by Harold Perrineau Jr. Tank's absence is explained on-screen by his sister, Zee (played by Nona Gaye). It's spoiler material so I won't b sharing it with you, but let's just say it sounds like Tank won't be seen again in the MATRIX universe.

At least one fan website has been set up to present Chong's case. The Marcus Chong as Tank Coalition has a number of documents purporting to be letters exchanged between the actor and the MATRIX producers over Chong's salary negotiations, as well as a chronicle of some of the events leading up to the lawsuit. The site's owners want fans to rally behind Chong and voice their support by contacting Warner Bros. and the film's creators.

Credits
    i liked the idea of tank not being there.. it helped contriubte to the morpheus = deluded and fantical!!

and the line.. WHERES MY PUS..... was definatly one of the best hehehehehehe

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    yeah I wondered too but Link...I dunno Link seemed more fitting. Tank never seemed too funny. Link can be funny and then calm right down real quick and get serious.

Credits
    yah i thought he wuz cute when he yelled Yah!! and lifted his hands up high in a way saying SCORE!!!

ending of the highway chase scene... when neo saved the guys from the explosion
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    yah i thought he wuz cute when he yelled Yah!! and lifted his hands up high in a way saying SCORE!!!

ending of the highway chase scene... when neo saved the guys from the explosion
    The Whole Audience in the cinema ( at least 700 people) screamed and applaud on that scene....so cool

Credits
    yeah i totaly agree....links character was more fitting...and i never did really think tank was funny in the first film either........and i also agree...that the best line was when he says..."where my puss!!" LOL:big grin: :angel"

Credits
    hehe... "Where's my puss.....[sees kids] heeeyyyyy!!"

Credits
    they should really have included tanks death in one of the animatrix episodes.. though.. i think that would have been a better way of resolving his "absence"

Credits
    it's interesting how they never actually specifically named "Tank" in Reloaded, but just referred to him as one of Link's two brothers who "died." they do say Dozer's name though, just not Tanks.

i have to say i liked Tank a lot more than Link. I thought Link was kind of silly and lacked the energy and acting ability of Marcus Chong.

Credits
    Man, seriously, with the budget they had, they may as well have hired Chris Rock to play Link.....that's who the guy played Link acted as....why not get the real thing? He was a bit of a joke...

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo

i have to say i liked Tank a lot more than Link. I thought Link was kind of silly and lacked the energy and acting ability of Marcus Chong.
    I agree with you. I just prefered Tank... I didn't really get on with Link at the beginning, though he was ok... But I don't know, just prefered Tank and I think it's a cheap shot from the producers to have skip him...
    D. Mc'lawns,
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.--Verbal Kint, Usual Suspect