Thanks Thanks:  0
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs down MTV banned SOAD's "Boom" video

do yourself a favour & DL this brand new video from kazaa (lite):

System Of A Down - Boom
    (original name: System_Of_A_Down_-_Boom_-_videopimp.mpg) around 32MB

A purported internal memo from Mark Sunderland, Broadcast Standards Manager from MTV Networks Europe, outlines the network's censorship policy after the invasion of Iraq began. Included in the videos the network has blacked out during the conflict are "Boom!" from SYSTEM OF A DOWN, "Holy Wars" from MEGADETH and "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" from AEROSMITH. Sunderland explained, "Obviously, there will be heightened public sensitivity to representations of war, soldiers, bombing, destruction of buildings and public unrest at home. The ITC Programme Code requires us not to broadcast material which offends against good taste or is offensive to public feeling
    more about banned songs:
    http://www.internalmemos.com/memos/m...p?memo_id=1424

source: http://www.earboards.com/index.php?

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I wonder if MuchMusic will show the videos in question. I'm a little suprised that Don't Want To Miss A Thing is banned now.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    With music videos, news, movies and everything my opinion is simple and the same:

It should be up to the networks to provide the viewer with everything they possibly can and then the viewer to decide what they find offensive by using their remote control.

Credits
    but MTV is merely being respectful to the people involved in this situation......

it is IMO simply a show of courtesy or respect to some people...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    With music videos, news, movies and everything my opinion is simple and the same:

It should be up to the networks to provide the viewer with everything they possibly can and then the viewer to decide what they find offensive by using their remote control.
    So it shouldn't be up to the studio who pays for the air time to decide what they show.

Credits
    hmm... well, a network can show what they want, but I think the least they should do is state that they are censoring videos due to the current situation, and offer a list of censored vids online.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    So it shouldn't be up to the studio who pays for the air time to decide what they show.
    I think if the studio wants to play music videos they should play what is popular and drawing, assuming their goal is to make money.

Banning videos is not the way to draw an audience. If people don't like a video you can take it out of your regular rotation of what - 30? (I see little variaty anyway) Make it by reqest - don't ban it.

Credits
    Well, as far as I've seen, MTV plays 10 music videos a day during TRL, and that's about it. The rest is their own original programming, some of which is good, but most of which is crap.

Credits
    MTV... pussifying the world for over 20 years.

Credits

Thumbs down

MTV sucks from day on when they left HEADBANGER'S BALL ! :angel"

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Well, as far as I've seen, MTV plays 10 music videos a day during TRL, and that's about it. The rest is their own original programming, some of which is good, but most of which is crap.
    TV and radio in my area isn't much better. And the RIAA wonders why music piracy is so widespread

Credits

Question

what about comments on the video itself ?