Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The Matrix Highway Chase Scene

Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Keanu Reeves spoke to the Daily Record about what to expect from the big highway chase scene that occurs in The Matrix Reloaded:
    While the rooftop fight scene with slow-motion bullets was stunning in the first film, an epic freeway multi-car chase will freeze the blood in Reloaded as the camera jumps from car to car.

Fishburne said: "It took around 40 days to shoot it on a mile and a half of freeway. We had 200 extras every day. They had to come with their cars, drive the stretch that we shot, get off, drive back the other way, then do it all again."

Keanu Reeves, who like the rest of the main leads had to spend time at an extreme driving school, said: "There are some pretty extraordinary car stunts. They used some great drivers.

"We are talking about 40, 50 or 60-year-old cats who were flipping big rigs. `You wanna do a 180 with an 18-wheeler? I'm your guy'. They did one sequence where three cars went airborne at the same time with people in them.

"People speak about the cool special effects but this scene was just some good old- fashioned mechanical cats flipping cars."

Carrie-Anne Moss' character is in the thick of the mechanical stunts, too.

She said: "The motorcycle was a bit scary, but having the metal of the car was cool. I loved doing the car stuff. When are you going to get a chance to smash into cars in real life?"

Hm seems like the Highway CHase scene will be awsome and groundbreaking to the "normal" highway Chase scenes.

Credits
    i second that i cant wait to see it