Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Unhappy ROTK release date moved

NEW LINE CINEMA’S THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING DOMESTIC RELEASE DATE MOVED TO MAY 12, 2004

Film delayed to maximize postproduction efforts and bring trilogy to a suitable closing

Los Angeles, CA, April 1, 2003 – New Line Cinema’s The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, will be held for domestic release until Wednesday, May 12, 2004. The effects work on this third and final film of the trilogy will surpass its predecessors in scope and intensity, and the producers as well as director Peter Jackson feel that the extra time will cement the film’s status as the king of fantasy films and the crowning jewel of New Line’s massive effort to bring J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic to the screen.

-from theonering.net--
    i'm sad that its moved, yet happily awaiting the effects and grandure that lies ahead.
    Last edited by aragorn121; 04-01-2003 at 05:18 PM.

Credits
    Read here for more on this big news: Full Article

Last edited by lafce; 04-01-2003 at 05:22 PM.

Credits
    April Fools joke??
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Yes! THread MOved!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    guys , go to the link that lafce posted. There is a link ( CLICK HERE FOR REACTIONS FROM THE THEONERING.NET STAFF! ) down the page, click on it and you'll see...

Credits
    Of course it's an April Fool's joke... do you think anyone in their right mind would release a massive action epic between Spider-Man 2 and Van Helsing?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    It Is an APril Fools Joke....
    I Dont trust any news or any thing on 1/2 April.....

IT is a movie for X Mas..

Credits
    SPeaking of April Fools Jokes did anyone (besides this) have anything good done to them or do anything particularly special yesterday???

Credits
    From www.theonering.net:

Aprils Fool Joke
    4/02/03, 4:58 am EST - leo

Hey guys, leo here. Well.. my inbox has been flooded with emails about yesterday's april's fool joke. Honestly, Isengard doesn't even begin to compare to the status of my inbox. The general consensus seems to be that everyone pretty much gathered it was a joke after the first heart attack had passed, and we even managed to trick some of our own staff (right Quickbeam?). To be quite honest the real criminal masterminds behind this joke were GreenBooks Staffer Anwyn who wrote the press release and Calisuri who came with the idea in the first place, really I had nothing to do with it at all 0

I'm glad everyone took it so well though (I'm not counting the 20+ deaththreats I got), our past april fools, amongst others the one about New Line acquiring TheOneRing.net, didn't go over to well but I think this one did the trick pretty good. Thanks for playing along and keep your wit open next year!