Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Fox to release movies online

Saying that it was "the most significant and potentially far-reaching deal that we've done to date," CinemaNow announced Wednesday that it has signed a licensing deal with 20th Century Fox to distribute its movies via broadband Internet connections. The deal strengthens CinemaNow as a competitor to Movielink, which is backed by MGM, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner's. Under the deal, Fox and CinemaNow will split revenue. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, CinemaNow CEO Curt Marvis said, "This is just one more indication that all of the studios are looking at the online digital distribution space very seriously. ... Internet video-on-demand is poised for explosive growth in the coming years, and Hollywood studios are positioning themselves to take full advantage of the opportunity." The company said that it will make a large library of Fox titles available at once and new releases at the same time that they become available for pay-per-view cable outlets.
    http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief/

Credits
    I don't really see this working.

If you have a broadband connection, why pay to download a movie when you can download it free?
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Originally posted by wirm
    I don't really see this working.

If you have a broadband connection, why pay to download a movie when you can download it free?

Lord praise the Filesharing Networks...

Credits
    Agreed! This is only going to work if they find a way to stop filesharing, which appears extremely difficult.

Credits
    WB did this too few years ago.

Another way to pirate this. Record the movies with asfrecorder since they will be streaming and then file share them to other ppl. Another problem not solved FOX!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    i was going to say.. didnt they already try something like that with the very first harry potter!!?

id10ts! hehehe

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}