Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Punisher Teaser Coming Soon

From www.filmforce.ign.com:

Punisher Teaser Coming Soon!
    First trailer to be attached to Hulk.

April 04, 2003 - According to Variety, fans can expect the first teaser trailer for The Punisher as early as this July! The trade paper claims that the pic's recently announced star Thomas Jane will shoot footage for a teaser set to debut with the release of another Marvel Comic flick, The Hulk. Both Hulk and The Punisher are produced by Gale Anne Hurd.

The Punisher will lens this July for a summer 2004 release. Jonathan Hensleigh is the project's writer-director. Variety says the film follows "FBI undercover agent Frank Castle [Thomas Jane], who sheds his world of danger for a cushy desk job only to see his wife and son executed as the result of his last undercover assignment. Blinded by vengeance, Castle becomes unstoppable in his efforts to punish the murderers and finds redemption in the process."

Artisan Pictures honcho Richard Saperstein advised the trade paper that The Punisher will be "a throwback to the great righteous revenge movies of the 1970s like Walking Tall and Dirty Harry." The exec praised Thomas Jane as "a real actor who gives weight to what will be a gritty R-rated film. This is not some special effects movie with a guy running around in spandex."

Credits
    Whoa...excellent news! Thanks lafce!!! Oh man...I can't WAIT for this new Punisher movie to come out. Ever since I heard Jonathan Hensleigh is helming it, I just know it's gonna be a blast!

Hey...I even liked the original Punisher with Dulph, but other then being based on the character, there really wasn't anything "Punisher" about it. Even so...it had a really cool trailer for it's day. And speaking of filming the new trailer...wow, that's kinda fast! They just signed Thomas Jane up, and they'll already have prints done in time for shipping with Hulk. Whoa....now THAT's marketing!
    --Dan

"I still talk to God sometimes, I ask him if what I'm doing is right or wrong, I'm still waiting for an answer, and until I get one, I'll be waiting, watching, THE GUILTY WILL BE PUNISHED!"
    Last edited by RoboDan; 04-07-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Credits
    Dulph Lundren is my Hero...

Credits
    Definately looking forward to this teaser. I hope it shows more than it teases.

Credits
    Old Punisher is the best Dolph's movie... and Dolph can certanly make a decent movie (even if most of his movies are crap)

Not so eager about new one... I think they could ruin decent character... like they ruined it in newer Punisher comics. I smell new Daredevil... movie with pumped budget and no value... Punisher has in fact pretty low budget atmosphere (like original movie)... at least in comics I have.

emm... can someone post a trailer to old Punisher ?
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    Well, I sent Tisoy the vob a long while ago...don't know if he still has it anymore. If anyone else wants it...just PM or email me...and I'll send it by so someone can host it.

--Dan