Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Van Damme in Street Fighter 2!?!

Holy moly!!! From ComingSoon.net

The Herald Sun reports, via Moviehole, that plans are underway for Jean-Claude Van Damme to star in the follow-up to 1994's Street Fighter, based on the populer game.

The Muscles from Brussels has been in talks with talent all week, hoping to lock in an ensemble soon.

Australian singer, Holly Valance, has been in talks with Van Damme this week about co-starring in the movie. She would replace fellow singer, Kylie Minogue, who starred in the original. Van Damme is said to have been impressed by Valance - who can apparently kickbox - but according to The Herald Sun the filmmmakers will still be auditioning other actors up until the last minute.

The original film was based on the classic video game, with Van Damme in the lead role and Raul Julia playing the film's main villain.

It's not yet known whether "Streetfighter 2" will be filmed in Australia - as the first one was - but it is projected that it'll get a theatrical release.
    Hot damn...there goes my shot at directing the "Real" Streetfighter 2 film. Argh! I always wished someone would shoot "scene-for-scene" a live-action rendition of the SF2 Manga anime.

--Dan

Credits
    Streetfighter is on my "worst movies" list... I think it can't get much worse than first one.

It would be nice to see some kind of original japanese SF2 movie... in "japanese" filmmaking style. That could really kick a**.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    This movie gotta be false? Why are they only interested in Austalien singers to play an English assasin? I don't mind them using a none English actress if she can at least put on an English accent and be menacing. Holly Valance is not menacing.

And VAN DAMN SHOULD NOT PLAY GUIL!!!!

Credits
    They could do something much more usefull wid the money rather then spending it on a sequel of a useless movie (such as giving the money to asidz)

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    Why are they only interested in Austalien singers to play an English assasin? I don't mind them using a none English actress if she can at least put on an English accent and be menacing. Holly Valance is not menacing.
    Because she's hot, that's why.

Anyway, can't believe it's a real news story. What's next? MK3!?? Super Mario Bros 2?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Nope

Battlefield Earth 2
    "Remember, you are not a salmon"

Credits
    funny how this rumour starts 3 weeks after in an interview kylie pays out the original streetfighter.. and rebutes rumours that Van Damn taught her how to do some dance moves

Aussies will know of the show its on channel 10.. with amanda keller and greg fleet its called the chat room or something!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    ahem... editman was u being sarcastic wen u said "Anyway, can't believe it's a real news story. What's next? MK3!?? Super Mario Bros 2?" because from what i kno mk3 is going to happen...........(no idea about smb2)
    mk3 gona be called mortal kombat domination

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0293429

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    ahem... editman was u being sarcastic because from what i kno mk3 is going to happen...........(no idea about smb2)
    I'll let you work it out

I knew it! Hate these kinda video game as you may, they just keep churning em out.

Credits
    Oh god, not another Mortal Kombat movie. I'd hoped that it would die after the second one.

As for SF2, I can't say I'm suprised. It seems like the kind of movie that would draw an audience. Even if it sucked.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    yay! Chris Lambert and Linden Ashby back in MK3!! Wow this is great news!

As for SF2...I don't mind as long as it's enteratining...