Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

in 2 years everyone will have SARS

well at least in HongKong , but this is kind of freaky

SARS is a virus and there is no cure for any kind of virus just only vaccine and it spreads through the air....

so if this gets really out if control will a virus actually end mankind?

bah...sounds like a nice hollywood movie

btw... i heard Robodan has SARS.... so be careful when u chat with him.....hehehehehehe

Severe_Acute_Respiratory_Syndrome

An alarming new respiratory disease that spread from southern China to virtually every continent within months is probably here to stay, health experts said on Wednesday.

World health officials moved quickly to try to contain the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome once word got out, but it was carried too quickly by person-to-person contact and is now probably entrenched in the population, they said.

The disease concerns doctors because it can cause severe pneumonia that cannot be helped by drugs. About 4 percent of patients die.

There are more questions than answers right now about SARS because doctors are not 100 percent certain about the virus that causes the disease and are still collecting data, said Dr. Jim Hughes, head of infectious diseases at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites).

Once there is a test for the virus that causes the disease, doctors can find out how common it is, how infectious, and whether some people are more likely to spread it than others.

"We have more than 150 suspected SARS cases in the United States today. At the end of all this we'll be able to classify many of those into confirmed or not SARS categories," Hughes said in a telephone interview.

The World Health Organization (news - web sites) reported 2,722 suspected SARS cases worldwide, with 106 deaths in 16 countries. This compares to a minimum of 250,000 deaths a year globally from influenza and its complications, but doctors are not ready to dismiss SARS.

"I think we have to assume that the virus is in Asia to stay," Hughes said. "In terms of its introduction into North America, whether it is here to stay I think remains to be seen but I think we should assume that it may well be."
    Last edited by trailergod; 04-10-2003 at 01:37 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    This is scary stuff. Who think this is terrorist related?
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    holy ****.. hopefully it will just be like Hepatitis and you will get an immunisation..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    So it's pneumonia, or TB, u wouldn't believe how much **** is out there

Terrorist related eh?

How about we invade China?

I call president!

Credits

Re: in 2 years everyone will have SARS

Originally posted by tisoy
    so if this gets really out if control will a virus actually end mankind?
    About 4 percent of patients die.
    So I dont think we are ready to be kicked of this planet yet. Gaia will have to come up with something a tad more nasty to do that =)

and by the way. Can I be Emperor if we invade China?
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    On a more persoanlly related level, because of this outbreak all CDs and DVDs I ordered from HK now take twice as long to arrive as during peace time.

This is all F-up. It's all the fault of the Chinese + Hong Kong governments. They under-estimated the seriousness of the outbreak, kept it hush-hush for 'saving faces' and refused to cooperate with WHO. Now it's becoming a threat to all mankind.

It may be harsh to say this but IMO that's a bane of humanity worst than Iraq.

What really gets me panic is that no one exactly knows what causes the Syndrome, not to mention how to prevent/cure it, and it's spreading mad.

They really should isolute the entire population, at least until we find out more about the Syndrome. But then someone may call it cruel.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    If i were u I would watch out for those CDs, they might actually have it (im just being paranoid, but it's possible).

You can be emperor Gaumont, but ur just a famous person, I RULE nad first thing I do is invade Nepal and Tibet and get those monks to show me how to do the MAtrix moves!

Credits
    Originally posted by Jak616
    If i were u I would watch out for those CDs, they might actually have it (im just being paranoid, but it's possible).
    I know. I know. Blame me if an outbreak starts in Melbourne.

That's probably why it takes so long to arrive, probably sitting at the Customs for 10 days for quarantine.

Originally posted by Jak616
    You can be emperor Gaumont, but ur just a famous person, I RULE nad first thing I do is invade Nepal and Tibet and get those monks to show me how to do the MAtrix moves!
    Don't invade: FREE Nepal and Tibet, man. Then you'll be able to do bullet-time

Credits
    Bullet Time eh? Makes me wonder....

....Do you want us to remove the crayon from ur brain? It might substantially increase your intelligence, or it might possibly kill you.

Increase my killing power eh? Let's do it!...

From the Simpsons

Credits
    Honestly, I think this is way overblown, at least for now... I've had school events cancelled because of this, and there hasn't been a single case within 100 miles of my city... SARS is nasty, but really, if you've got anything resembling a strong immune system, you'll fight it off just fine. So far, the vast majority of victims have been either elderly or little kids... so I'm not too worried myself. I sure as hell won't take a vaccine for a disease as weak as this. I've never trusted 'em since I read Rainbow Six. The public paranoia and panic is far more concerning. In Toronto, 25 students were quarantined for 10 days because one student was in the school writing an exam on her 10th day of quarantine, and the only reason she was in quarantine was because her mother worked in a hospital where one SARS case was confirmed... it's going to start ripping apart our social structure, and that's much more concerning to me.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?