Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Animatrix: Detective Story layout

Was watching Detective Story short of the Animatrix since the new short is like a week away. Some thoughts came to attention that thought would make a good discussion.

When the detective lights his lighter... is that a gliche in the Matrix since the rest is black & white? Would explain why he didn't light his cig or the Agents stopped? Why else would the flame be coloured? Would like other opinions or confirmation on this.
    Perhaps no mention and just something to keep focus on. Or that the flame was his life and it goes out!

Ideas?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    yes, i think it was more symbolical and an artistic way for the artist to show it, but i liked how they edited the it ... the 1st scene is actually the last scene...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    yeah i totaly love non-linear narrative stories.....

and da fact that they chose to have the flame in colour is brill cuz it brings more attention to the audience and like tisoy sed...its symbolic stuff..........and also in the mad mans room....the writing in the wall is also not in black and white...its written in red....and is also happens to read "find the RED queen"....which is also good stuff.................this obviously had alot of thought put into this animatrix cartoon
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 04-28-2003 at 09:15 AM.

Credits
    symbolic how? Would want to know that.

Credits
    not tooo sure...depends what the director was thinkin at the time.....for example when u die...it is sed that u see a bright light......the detectiv is about to die...maybe its a symbol of light??..........or sumit like he gona get torched to death by the agents lol......all them are just guesses, im not too sure myself...but im sure it has a lot of meaning behind it...myt b explained after buying the dvd and lisenin to the directors