Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    4,028
    Credits
    1,105

    X-MEN (Phoenix Saga)

    what is this all about? I am not a big comic book fun but i did collect some Xmen trading cards b4, when i was very young...
    So anybody care to explain ?

    BIG SPOILERS !!!

    whats this (Phoenix Saga)? Is this what we see in the ending of X2 where Jean Grey died?.... does this mean she is still alive?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,467
    Credits
    1,065

    Re: X-MEN (Phoenix Saga)

    Originally posted by tisoy
    what is this all about? I am not a big comic book fun but i did collect some Xmen trading cards b4, when i was very young...
    So anybody care to explain ?

    BIG SPOILERS !!!

    whats this (Phoenix Saga)? Is this what we see in the ending of X2 where Jean Grey died?.... does this mean she is still alive?
    What Phoenix Saga ???
    Hm did i missed something @ the end or was the german dubbed so bad ?!?!?!?!
    Please Explaine

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the plywood state
    Posts
    1,628
    Credits
    1,072
    well....in so many words.....yes.....

    in the marvel universe, jean grey and the xmen were on a mission in which their space craft was falling apart. in the porcess of trying to save her comrades, she gave up her life. in return, the entity known as the phoenix bestowed on her the greatest power known to the world. better than any mutant.

    after awhile she bacame bad and started killing and destroying. so the alien race known as the shi'ar killed her during a trial for her crimes (on the moon)....

    we later find out that jean grey wasn't really dead, the phoenix took her form and life as she lay on the bottom of the ocean healing. so the phoenix died but jean didn't.

    there have been two other phoenixs as well. madelene, who was a clone of jean made by apocolypse and jean's daughter from another timeline (i forget her name)....


    this is of course, just the mere tip of the iceberg...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone
    but they've always worked for me,"

    Hunter S.Thompson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,467
    Credits
    1,065
    THX you for the explanation......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    4,028
    Credits
    1,105
    Originally posted by red bear
    well....in so many words.....yes.....

    in the marvel universe, jean grey and the xmen were on a mission in which their space craft was falling apart. in the porcess of trying to save her comrades, she gave up her life. in return, the entity known as the phoenix bestowed on her the greatest power known to the world. better than any mutant.

    after awhile she bacame bad and started killing and destroying. so the alien race known as the shi'ar killed her during a trial for her crimes (on the moon)....

    we later find out that jean grey wasn't really dead, the phoenix took her form and life as she lay on the bottom of the ocean healing. so the phoenix died but jean didn't.

    there have been two other phoenixs as well. madelene, who was a clone of jean made by apocolypse and jean's daughter from another timeline (i forget her name)....


    this is of course, just the mere tip of the iceberg...


    ohhhhh so it will be in the future movies?...damn this is gonna be sooo cool
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-01-2003 at 08:15 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the plywood state
    Posts
    1,628
    Credits
    1,072
    Originally posted by tisoy
    ohhhhh so it will be in the movie?...damn this is gonna be sooo cool
    no.... that is just some background info on the ending....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    4,028
    Credits
    1,105
    i mean, she will be alive if they make PART 3..which i am sure will happen, only hope actors will stay and BRYAN SINGER will stay

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,467
    Credits
    1,065
    Originally posted by tisoy
    i mean, she will be alive if they make PART 3..which i am sure will happen, only hope actors will stay and BRYAN SINGER will stay
    I THink Fox will put anything up to make a part 3...cause part 2 will be a huge sucsess...
    And i hope that Nightcrawler will be more involved what certainly will be maybe a love affair with Storm
    And whats about Wolverine he is now set up with his history and now can concentrate in kicking the *** of cyclops LOL

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    No place like 127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,401
    Credits
    1,102
    hehe i just realised.. this is in the wrong forum.. should be general chatter movie related.. ahha.. and cHRIS!! you requested them to be split.. heheheheeh.... spoons all of ya!


    [My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

    {Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

  10. #10
    ZUBi's Avatar
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    sLOVEnia, (EU)rope
    Posts
    3,797
    Credits
    1,105
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    hehe i just realised.. this is in the wrong forum.. should be general chatter movie related.. ahha.. and cHRIS!! you requested them to be split.. heheheheeh.... spoons all of ya!
    FIXED

    Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    4,028
    Credits
    1,105
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    hehe i just realised.. this is in the wrong forum.. should be general chatter movie related.. ahha.. and cHRIS!! you requested them to be split.. heheheheeh.... spoons all of ya!
    WRONG !!!!!!!!!

    always base the thread on the THEAD NAME and the 1st POST... the eventual replies can never be controlled....

    I was asking about the COMICS or whats with this SAGA thing in the comics..nothing directly releated to the movies....

    so i mention here the DVDs... you will move this thread to the DVD sections... geez... you guys are so UP TIGHT....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    1,694
    Credits
    1,085
    Hey he's mentioning DVD's. This is nor the DVD news forum Tisoy.

    Yeah then ending was to do with the phoenix saga. GF, as the credits started to role the camera panned over the ocean near where the events of the film took place, well you see this weird Orange shape in the water. That shape is of a mystical bird known as a phoenix and was the identifying Mark of Phoenix in the cartoons and comics. Still they better come up with a good explanation as to why she became the Phoenix because I don't recall them going to space in the last 2 movies.

    On a side note very nice to see that Jubilee had another cameo, and was it just me or was Rogue HOT in this film.:angel"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    26
    Credits
    1,065

    Thumbs up

    nope.. not just you.. she was hot.. as was Storm, Jean Grey. I loved what they did with Mystique this time around. It was just so nice to see it all turned up a notch this time around. Everyone using their powers more intelligently and more effectively.

    Spoiler:
    I love the way Mystique set up Magneto in the prison with the extra iron in the blood. Very smart of her. Also very similar to what Mag did to Wolvie in a certain comic when he pulled all of his adamantium from his bones through all of the pores on his body. Killing wolvie in the process.

    I have heard that the robot Sentinels will be a big part of the next movie.

    Continued next message.
    Last edited by Brotha Jay; 05-02-2003 at 12:15 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    26
    Credits
    1,065
    Everyone notice the little cameo of Dr. Henry 'Hank' McCoy/Beast on the TV in one scene. NO he was not big blue and hanging from a lamppost. It was him before he conducted the experiment that is responsible for his odd physical change. It is rumored that he was written out of the scipt early on due to CG limitations and time. Now that the Hulk is on the blocks I would say it is VERY possible we would see ol'Beasty in X3.

    Spoiler:
    I would also have to say it is very possible that we may the the Pheonix in the next movie. If you can envision what it would be like to see some of the same teamwork we saw in this one take place in the next one - up against the ever so huge Sentinels!!! with the Pheonix on the X side!!!! wow. (drool).

    Continued next message.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    26
    Credits
    1,065
    On the final note I will simply add that I really love being a manager at a movie theatre sometimes. This YEAR being one of those times. I really enjoyed this movie and you might be suprised at how few movies do get such a review from me but I find that all in all, more often than not; these days movies lack a certain degree of effort. While I do admit that some deffinately step above the bar and set new standards; many will simply rely on intense visuals and a very poorly acted/writen work at play.

    Blah blah blah.. shutting up now.

    End of Rant.

    Bro Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mystery Men
    By streetpreacher in forum General Chatter - Movie Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:17 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •