Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Stewart glad he was talked into doing X-men

Stewart Glad to Be Talked Into 'X-Men'
    Thursday May 1 8:51 AM ET

Patrick Stewart is glad he was talked into being in the "X-Men" movies. Stewart didn't want to play Professor Xavier at first because he didn't want to be involved in another movie franchise after "Star Trek: The Next Generation." He also thought being known as Captain Picard would be too much baggage to bring to another character.

Stewart says director Bryan Singer and producer Lauren Schuler Donner changed his mind. "I just thought that to connect myself with a similar project I mean it's not science fiction, it's fantasy, might not be the smartest thing to do. And I resisted. Partly because I was arguing with Bryan and Lauren that maybe it would not in the best interest of this new franchise to have someone bringing a lot of luggage with him. But Bryan argued that that was a bonus," Stewart told AP Radio.

Now Stewart is back in the sequel, "X-2," which opens tomorrow.

Credits
    We're all glad he's there too.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    no kidding...he was really good in that part. not to mention i can't think of anyone else who could do that well in a role of that magnitude....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I can't think of too many famous bald white people. heh

the only one that springs to mind is Ben Kingsley.

hahah

Credits
    He was the only reasonable choice for the role, both ability wise as well as looks

Even before there were talks of such a movie I remember thinking with friends "Patrick Stewart should be Professor X"