Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

What will Peter Jackson do next...

Well, he has now confirmed that he will be doing a new version of GodZilla. The question on my mind is this: WHEN will we see your addaptation of The Hobbit. Lots of rumors flying around pertaining to this but I have yet to find anything I will believe..

Anyone else?!?

Credits
    Godzilla??!! WTF.

That sounds like a bad idea, even at the hands of Jackson. ANd more to the point, ummm... but what's the point??

I totally agree with you man, I really REALLY hope Jackson will do the Hobbit. But it's unlikely, at least not for a looooong time, since he's spent almost some 7 years or more on LOTR trilogy.

I heard that Michael Bay will take over for The Hobbit, with Jerry Bruckheimer producing. sounds like a blockbuster to me...

JUST KIDDING

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo
    Godzilla??!! WTF.

I heard that Michael Bay will take over for The Hobbit, with Jerry Bruckheimer producing. sounds like a blockbuster to me...

JUST KIDDING
    now JB and MB doing the Hobbit IS something to fear. as for GodZilla, this is not going to be some sappy hollywood version like the one a few years back. This will be much more in tune with the original GodZilla stories.

After seeing what he did with LotR, I would prolly be one of the people seeing his GZ movie. His attention to detail is what I like and now that he almost has one of the most popular 3-parters under his belt with LotR, I really want to see The Hobbit - as told by PJ.

Credits
    i heard Michael Bay & Jerry Bruckheimer remake GONE WITH THE WIND.... with techno/hip hip music and cool camera angels.... but they mentioned they will do it in black and white only coz the original was the 1st major movie in COLOR...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Re: What will Peter Jackson do next...

Originally posted by Brotha Jay
    Well, he has now confirmed that he will be doing a new version of GodZilla.
    Are you sure about this? I know about P.J. making King Kong, but Godzilla...???

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...ight=king+kong

Credits

Re: Re: What will Peter Jackson do next...

Originally posted by lafce
    Are you sure about this? I know about P.J. making King Kong, but Godzilla...???

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...ight=king+kong
    You may just be correct in that, I find myself now wondering why I was set on GZ... ahh yes... because PJ himself said that he had a HUGE interest in doing it, but I think you are correct in that it was a King Kong confirmation. My bad.

Credits
    I agree, it was definately King Kong
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed
    I agree, it was definately King Kong
    Thank god... I couldn't bear to see another godzilla movie. The most recent one with matthew broderick destroyed my appetite for the godzilla franchise...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    boat trip 2: ramming speed...

but if i were to take a more serious and intelligent guess....i would have to say one of the "ring" sequels or just a plain drama to show people he can actually direct.

maniacKNOWSall Guest
    The Hobbit is going to be a mini series on Tv. No, sorry it wont be in theater. I'll have my DVD burner ready for when it airs! Thats For Sure!!!

Credits
    Hmm... Here's all I know.

PJ loves doing big-*** monster movies. He is confirmed for King Kong. He might do Godzilla, which I actually dug the Ferris Bueller version of. The Hobbit is apparently too big to be done justice in a mini-series, so they actually want to do a full 13 or 22 episode show with it... cast restraints may keep it down to a mini-series though. Michael Bay and Bruckheimer doing the Hobbit... I'm not even going to start with how wrong that is.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

maniacKNOWSall Guest
    Originally posted by blugh
    The Hobbit is apparently too big to be done justice in a mini-series, so they actually want to do a full 13 or 22 episode show with it... cast restraints may keep it down to a mini-series though.
    The Hobbit to big to be done in a mini series... WHAT!! We all know that LOTR trillogy is around 10 hours of movie time. Made into 3 movies just like the 3 books. So thats just over 3 hours per movie. Well the length of the Hobbit is much shorter then any of the books, and if you read it, you would know The Hobbit does not nearly go into as much detail as the LOTR trillogy. So it could easily made into 3 or 4, 1 hour long episodes.

OK... New Line will know that everyone is gonna turn there TV on for the Hobbit so they will spend lots and lots of money to have the best effects and all of the cast return. Duh.

Also is you have The Fellowship of the Ring special edition extened version on DVD you can watch the extras and listen to Iam McKellen confirm that the only way he and Peter Jackson would do the Hobbit would be by mini series.

Sorry to burst your bubble... But I am a Maniac..

Credits
    i'm a fan of how the Sci-Fi channel did the Dune miniseries.. if they did the hobbit like that.. they would be on to a winner!!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    well i hope he makes some NEW movies and not remakes.....