Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Quality Movie Trailers

Which is the best method to record a movie trailer to MOV format? Is using a video capture card to grab a trailer from a DVD the best method? Is it possible to capture the trailer with a computer DVD player and convert the VOB file to MOV? What is the method that’s used here in movie-list.com?

Also can members add trailers if the quality is similar to the rest of the trailers on the site?

Credits
    this thread really deserves this

:big grin:

dont capture video from your DVD player, doing this results in bad quality coz u add "analog noise" to the video, the best way is digital to digital copy, to do this u need to have a DVD Drive in your PC ...

anyway .. DVD trailers in DVDs are computers files that are contained on .vob files . Video is compressed using the mpeg 2 codec and audio could be PCM, DD, DTS or mpeg audio... and they are all contained in the vob files.

Commercial DVDs are encrypted, so simple copying of files from your PC DVD-Drive(if u already have) is not possible. You need to use a DVD ripper program like "smartripper" to decrypt the files. After that u need to convert the vob files to uncompressed video (a 2 min trailer could be 3GB uncompressed video) then edit the video using video editing programs like virtualdub and then compress them to QT files using Sorenso Squeeze...

read more here http://www.riphelp.net/articles/dvdripping.html
    Last edited by trailergod; 01-01-2003 at 06:07 PM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Talking

Here in movie-list.com we are creating MOV trailers in that way:
    1) We are running DVD with cool trailer;
    2) Shooting this trailer on videocamera from TV or monitor;
    3) Converting VHS tape to Real streaming format with program Download Accelerator;
    4) Improving quality of Real stream with ASF Recorder;
    4) After that we are converting that Real trailer to QuickTime format using this formula: RAM-->MOV

I hope it will help you a little

Credits
    Thank you very much for the info. I will follow your guidance and learn about recording straight from a DVD-ROM. Hopefully someday my quality will be as good as movie-list’s. Again, is it possible for members to add a trailer to the site’s classic section for example? I’m glad I found this site, keep up the good work.

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox
    3) Converting VHS tape to Real streaming format with program Download Accelerator;
    4) After that we are converting that Real trailer to QuickTime format using this formula: RAM-->MOV

LOL! I should try this

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox

This reminds me a deleted scene of Pulp Fiction, in which Lance talked to Vincent about someone deliberately gave him the wrong direction.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Looking at the quality of the trailers on this site it's obvious Equinox was kidding. I guess he knows that the previous post is enough guidance for a newbie and he just wanted to throw in a joke.

Guiboche, I’ve seen your trailers and I just wanted to say that you have talent.

Credits
    Originally posted by felixjlg
    Guiboche, I’ve seen your trailers and I just wanted to say that you have talent.
    ... And the softwares.

Credits
    But why you want to convert vob to mov? I prefer to keep original vob trailers because they are better quality. Any convertation decrease quality.

Credits
    I am storing the trailers on CD-ROM. I don’t have experience with VOB yet. After trying out the VOB maybe I’ll stick to that format if the file size isn’t too large.

Again, can members add trailers???

Credits
    haha, nice pic tisoy

Credits
    Right now only Guiboche and Mark add trailers for the site.
    If any others want to contribute, let me know and I'll check out their work.

Credits
    how abou tjust converting the vobs into SVCD for CDR so u make a trailer CD and watch them in ur DVD player!

Thats how TV Shows and most DVDRips are being done.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    it would be cool to upload trailers to Movie-List, i have a really High Res trailer of Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles that I would like to share