Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Finding Nemo - Review

Well ladies and gentleman, I have laid eyes on the full movie of Finding Nemo!!!!!! (I snagged tickets to a benefit screening - cost me $38 US dollars for 2 tickets - all proceeds went to two ocean conservation societies)

The movie was fantastic!!!! :big grin:
    I honestly think the movie surpasses Monster's Inc.. Pixar has taken another leap forward in animation quality. The animators seemed to have taken to the traditional Disney approach of watching the movement of animals then drawing them to reflect that movement. Finding Nemo is pretty accurate in its portrayal of various sea creatures, and listen closely to a lot of facts about the sea and sea life.

The movie is full of many moments of excitement and laughter. Dori is by far the best character. Honestly I really don't like the insecurity of Albert Brooks, which can make him terribly annoying. The spunkyness of Dori (Ellen Degeneres) made Brooks character of Marlin bareable.

My second favorite characters were the totally rightous sea turtles :big grin:. In fact the sea turtles are part of one of the best scenes in the movie, the East Australian Current.

I could keep going on, but just to list more bright spots - the jelleyfish, the angler fish in the darkness, and the attempted rescue of Nemo

A word of warning for those who are parents - the sea can be unforgiving, and several scenes in the movie attest to this scary fact. Kids should see this movie, but they might get scared in parts.

Anyway, the movie was a blast and I would definitely see it again!

(P.S. stay through all the credits for some pleasent surprises)
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    what the.... how come nobody replied to this thread !?!?!?!

anyway, this is a very positive comment on the movie and I do hope so it is true, welll I think the movie will be great and certainly will be funny. I can't wait to see it also.. but I have to wait till November ...... by that time the R1 DVD will be out :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    This movie looks hilarious. I'm definately gonna try and see it.

Credits
    I will be seeing this. Probably in theaters. I loved the trailer and if you say it's better then Monsters Inc....well we'll see - Monsters Inc was amazing in terms of animation quality and story. I'm very excited if it's truely better. :big grin:

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

definately on my list (too)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I'm not surprised that it's better than Monsters Inc. The question is: Is it better than Toy Story 2?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Thanks for the review Granite..I cannot cannot (for stress) related how excited I am for it to come out. Big BOX office potential. I am very jealous that you got to go see it early. I will have to wait and go with the masses unless I get lucky!!