Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

I Need Some Help

I don"t think anyone out there can help me, but I"m going to ask anyway. I'm looking for a some what old trailer that I can not fine. I would appreciate any help.

It is the american "Godzilla" teaser trailer (1998 release). Not the one on this web site where he steps on the Museum, but the Very first one they ever showed. Now get this, I've only seen it once,and it was on tv, when I was a little kid (10) It took place in Time Square, NY, on New Years night (which is also when i saw the commercial) and in it, Godzilla knocked over the New Year's countdown ball! Just knocked it clean off the building, and crushed the people!

It is kinda the first real trailer I can remember, and it is what really started me liking them so much. I would very much appreciate any help, thanks!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovanblack
    I don"t think anyone out there can help me, but I"m going to ask anyway. I'm looking for a some what old trailer that I can not fine. I would appreciate any help.

It is the american "Godzilla" teaser trailer (1998 release). Not the one on this web site where he steps on the Museum, but the Very first one they ever showed. Now get this, I've only seen it once,and it was on tv, when I was a little kid (10) It took place in Time Square, NY, on New Years night (which is also when i saw the commercial) and in it, Godzilla knocked over the New Year's countdown ball! Just knocked it clean off the building, and crushed the people!

It is kinda the first real trailer I can remember, and it is what really started me liking them so much. I would very much appreciate any help, thanks!
    I vaguely remember this... probably a special tv spot that aired on new years.
    No idea where to find it though.
    Hopefully someone else can help.

Credits
    Yes it is indeed a 30-second New Years Eve TV spot. It was available online in low-res Quicktime (160x120) years ago.

Unfortunately it's encoded by Sony with some weird codec which the latest version of MoviePlayer doesn't really support - play it with QT6 and it only plays the first 6 seconds. You need QT4 or below to play that properly.

I still have that file in the archive. Let me know if it is required, playback problem aside.
    Last edited by editman; 06-09-2005 at 02:19 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Thank you guys for trying!
    But just this morning, i went through all of our old vhs tapes, and found a few New Year's eve tapes. Apparently we've been using the same vhs to tape the ball drop event on NBC every year from 1997 to 2002. I watched the whole tape and was actually allowed a quick glimps of the commercial!
    (i heard people screaming then godzilla's roar right before the tape cut off. Didnt see anything though.)

MADE MY DAY!