Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

New Milla Jovovich movie

From www.filmforce.ign.com:

"Jovovich Joins Vampire Flick
    Milla will star in Kurt Wimmer's Ultraviolet.

May 30, 2003 - According to Variety, Milla Jovovich has signed to star in Screen Gems' futuristic vampire flick, Ultraviolet, from writer-director Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium, The Recruit).

Jovovich will portray the film's title character, a "tough woman" who becomes the guardian of a 9-year-old boy who has been marked for death. The story is set against the backdrop of a war between humans and a vampire subculture in the late 21st century. Her character is one of the vampires.

Wimmer, the trade says, wrote the script with Jovovich in mind after seeing her in Resident Evil.

Jovovich will move to Ultraviolet after completing the Resident Evil sequel, which is tentatively set to start shooting in Toronto this August. In RE2, Milla reprises her role as Alice and attempts to lead a group of survivors out of the ruins of Raccoon City while containing a deadly virus.

Ultraviolet is set to get underway in Shanghai in December."
    Jovovich & vampires - sounds good to me.

Looks like vampires, zombies and other monsters are popular again. We have so many films coming up: "Underworld", "Van Helsing", "Resident Evil 2", a remake of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" and now this. Well, I'm fine with that! :big grin:
    Last edited by lafce; 06-01-2003 at 06:18 PM.

Credits

Re: New Milla Jovovich movie

Originally posted by lafce
    Looks like vampires, zombies and other monsters are popular again. We have so many films coming up: "Underworld", "Van Helsing", "Resident Evil 2", a remake of Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" and now this. Well, I'm fine with that! :big grin:
    yep, i'm with you dude. can't get enough of these horror/action flicks.

van helsing sounds kind of lame though, with appearances by not only dracula, but wolfman, frankenstein's monster, and even dr jekyl/mr hyde. plus, directed/written by the mummy's director. almost guaranteed to be campy and silly.

Credits
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    old news.
    READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!
    hehe i thought i was experiencing deja vu as well

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    old news.
    READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!
    Oops, sorry!
    ...anyway, this thread has Milla's name in the subject field so it should attract more viewers.
    Last edited by lafce; 06-02-2003 at 01:28 PM.

Credits
    ...another vampire movie...?? man, talk about formula movies nowadays. granted, there is nothing better than seeing Milla naked running across the screen.... but please, some originallity would be nice now and then.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson