Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Garfield News

Credits

Garfield News

indystar.com

"Garfield," the movie, recently completed its live-action shooting in California. A June 2004 release date is tentative. Garfield, and Odie, Garfield's drooling, dumb doggie pal, will appear as computer-generated imagery integrated into the live action.
    Garfield creator Jim Davis had input in the screenplay and worked with the animators trying to get the computer-generated image of Garfield just right.
    Davis is no stranger to screenwriting. He's written 13 Garfield TV specials. The Marion native and Ball State University alumnus also helped direct the "Garfield and Friends" cartoon show.
    Davis also makes a cameo appearance in the movie as a drunken conventioneer. [...]
    Kim Campbell, spokeswoman for Paws Inc., the creative and business complex of the Garfield empire just outside Muncie, said she couldn't reveal much about the movie, but Garfield and Odie "really look like real animals more than like the cartoon character you're used to seeing in the strip. With computer-generated imagery, these animals really look alive. These are cartoony, but they're more realistic. The cat has fur."
    Meyer plays Jon Arbuckle, Garfield's nerdy, single, human owner. "He's darling," Campbell said. "He's kind of got that everyman face. I don't think any of us would have thought of him in the beginning, but once he was cast, yeah, that's perfect. Jennifer Love Hewitt, also again, kind of a surprise to us, plays Liz, the veterinarian."
    According to Twentieth Century Fox, Garfield's owner Jon takes in the hapless nitwit Odie, turning Garfield's world upside down. The lazy tabby would like to see Odie go bye-bye, but when a nasty dog trainer (Stephen Tobolowsky, who plays two parts) kidnaps the pooch, Garfield turns off the TV and, out of guilt, springs into action.

Jim Davis

http://www.indystar.com/print/articl...-2033-062.html

Credits
    So now they're pushing the release date back to Summer 2004... well at least the timeframe for all the post-production works is now more realistic...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    http://www.variety.com/

Debra Messing will voice the role of Arlene opposite Bill Murray in the upcoming Garfield at 20th Century Fox. Messing will play Garfield's pink, sarcastic girlfriend, who has a gap in her teeth, opposite Murray's overweight Garfield.

The film, based on the comic strip, features a sardonic cat who must tolerate the indignity of being saddled with a nebbish owner (Breckin Meyer) and a nitwit dog as housemates.

The live-action/CGI Garfield, penned by Toy Story writers Alec Sokolow and Joel Cohen, is being directed by Peter Hewitt. The film began production last week in the U.K.

Messing will voice the role while in London starring opposite Dermot Mulroney in the romantic comedy Something Borrowed for Gold Circle Films.
    :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I've seen some (promo?) pics from Garfield movie in some Croatian movie magazine... in fact it doesn't look so bad...even if Garfield looks more CGI than Scooby-Doo.... I don't know... I hope movie won't be sobad like Scooby.
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    is this a Pixar?
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    is this a Pixar?
    I wish. At least they won't screw it up...

It's Fox. ("Arrgghh! Undo! Undo!") I think it's their first live-action/animation movie.

Let's hope the flick's as good as "Ice Age...

Credits
    they have it set to come out on june forth. the same day as harry potter three. i think that fox will bow out and change the date. they should know people will pick potter over it. it would not be wise to have two huge kids movies out the same day.