Thanks Thanks:  0
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Arrow Kevin Costner's - Open Range (act/dra/wes)

http://openrange.movies.go.com/

QuickTime, Hi-Res (480x272, 28.12 MB)
    http://bvim-qt.vitalstream.com/OpenR...nepic_1500.mov

ZUBi says: looks OK

medium = 0750
    small = 0300

Open Range

Release Date: August 15, 2003
    Studio: Touchstone Pictures
    Director: Kevin Costner
    Screenwriter: Craig Storper
    Starring: Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, Abraham Benrubi, Robert Duvall, Michael Gambon, Diego Luna, Michael Jeter, Dean McDermott, James Russo
    Genre: Action, Drama, Western
    MPAA Rating: R (for violence)
    Official Website: openrange.movies.go.com
    Review: Not available
    DVD/VHS: Not available
    Movie Poster: Not available
    Production Stills: View images
    Plot Summary: Boss Spearman (Duvall), Charley Waite (Costner), Mose Harrison (Benrubi) and "Button" (Luna) freegraze their cattle across the vast prairies of the West, sharing their friendship forged by a steadfast code of honor and living a life unencumbered by civilization. When their wayward her forces them near the small town of Harmonville, the cowboys encounter a corrupt Sheriff (Russo) and kingpin rancher (Gambon) who govern the territory through fear, tyranny and violence. Boss Charley find themselves inextricably drawn towards the inevitable showdown as they are forced to defend the freedom and values of a lifestyle that is all to quickly vanishing. Amidst this turmoil, life suddenly takes an unexpected turn for loner Charley when he meets the beautiful and warm-spirited Sue Barlow (Bening), a woman who embraces both his heart and his soul. As these courageous men prepare for the decisive battle that looms, they are also forced to confront and conquer their own internal demons.

source: CSoon
    Last edited by ZUBi; 06-13-2003 at 11:56 AM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Im soo expecting this movie to bomb. I wont even download the trailer because its a Kevin Costner film. Recently, like Eddie Murphy, his films have bombed seriously.

Credits

This will actually be good.

This is like "High Lo Country" meets "Wyatt Earp" with some "Dances With Wolves" scenery and critters thrown in. I think it will be good. Not great...but worth my money.

Credits
    WOW, i am also looking forward to this movie... i wanna see it too
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Credits
    I agree, I think this looks really good. Haven't seen Bening or Costner in something like this in a while. Generally, I like western type movies, this one looks like it has a really good plot.

Credits
    lets just hope it wont be another 4 hour epic

Credits
    Doesn't look like it from the trailer. The story actually looks really interesting. Can't wait for it.

Credits
    I was starting to wonder what other summer movies were left to be excited about now that the big ones have passed.
    I saw the preview for Open Range before the Italian Job. With Costner, Duvall, Annette Bening and Diego Luna, I think it has great potential. The story looks pretty decent... sounds like a good old Western, glad to see Costner is at it again.
    Last edited by TheBossFan; 07-30-2003 at 08:21 AM.

Credits
    This movie will probably be good but i doubt it will make any money

Credits
    Sorry but I must be the only one who thinks this movie looks absolutely terrible. "10 years.... you know what they call that.... they call that a decade" COME ON... wow profound thought there Duvall... I can tell just from the trailer the writing sounds awful, and I cannot imagine a more boring person than Kevin Costner... so this movie looks like it fits him.

Credits
    Hmmm... looks like even Apple's giving up on this one, since the Fullscreen trailer has never been available...

Interesting, Touchstone's changing their logo to a 3-D-ish version... shall we say 'is about time'?...

BTW No comment on either the trailer or the movie if anyone asks - haven't seen a Kevin Coaster movie since Waterworld...

Actually I lied, do have one thing to say: if the shoot-out shown at the end of the trailer is the climax of the movie, can I say 'High Noon' rip-off?
    Last edited by editman; 07-29-2003 at 01:29 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    actually I think it looks pretty good. Its been waaaay too long since a new Western has come out and lets face it, this is what Costner is good at.

Robert Duvall is a badass and I think some kind of cowboy in real life. I don't think he'd take this movie unless the script was good. Plus, Diego Luna is in it and he's a hottie. The scenery in the trailer is fantastic and it has a generally epic feel to it, IMO.

Badass Duvall + Hottie Diego + gorgeous scenery and story - CGI effects that I'm tired of = GloryGirl in the theater with popcorn.

Credits
    Yeah I second that, GloryGirl. It has been quite a long time since there's been a good western in the theaters.
    It got a pretty decent review from Dark Horizons, which just adds to my excitement about the movie:
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/t030729a.htm#Rev3