Oh please God don't let this be true. As if things couldn't get worse after the two Schumacher films.....

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=1931

The next Batman is...

Jun. 21, 2003

Source: E Online, Dark Horizons by: Bob Menard

Kelso? God help us all if this is actually true, but E Online is claiming that Ashton Kutcher is, in fact, the studio's one and only choice to be the next caped crusader. Ugh! I think I'm gonna be sick. They go on to say: "As a responsible journalistic outlet, we have to ask: How the hell did this happen?! Well, when now out director Brett Ratner got close to casting Superman this year, he tested and retested Kutcher, who apparently did well. The "known mostly as a comic actor and that's even a stretch" Kutcher seemed to want Bats over Supes (who wouldn't?) and is now close to being announced as the lead in the flick to be directed by Christopher Nolan". But notice before when I said "the studio's" choice... ah yes, there is a catch! A scooper over at Dark Horizons has noted that "Christopher Nolan wants Guy Pearce. I think that's about the extent of it. Essentially, the studio has had another 'Ratner' situation on their hands, because the director wants someone, and the studio wants someone else." and added that "from what I hear Kutcher is the new Batman. Done deal". Oh no! Please, please pretty please, Guy Pearce, step up and do fandom a huge favor by showing Warners that you would be the better (if not best, but I'm still holding out for Clooney to get a "legit" shot at the role) choice to be the next Dark Knight! Besides, Kutcher's already got Demi Moore in the sack, I think he should quit while he's ahead, don't you?