Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The next Batman is...

Oh please God don't let this be true. As if things couldn't get worse after the two Schumacher films.....

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=1931

The next Batman is...

Jun. 21, 2003

Source: E Online, Dark Horizons by: Bob Menard

Kelso? God help us all if this is actually true, but E Online is claiming that Ashton Kutcher is, in fact, the studio's one and only choice to be the next caped crusader. Ugh! I think I'm gonna be sick. They go on to say: "As a responsible journalistic outlet, we have to ask: How the hell did this happen?! Well, when now out director Brett Ratner got close to casting Superman this year, he tested and retested Kutcher, who apparently did well. The "known mostly as a comic actor and that's even a stretch" Kutcher seemed to want Bats over Supes (who wouldn't?) and is now close to being announced as the lead in the flick to be directed by Christopher Nolan". But notice before when I said "the studio's" choice... ah yes, there is a catch! A scooper over at Dark Horizons has noted that "Christopher Nolan wants Guy Pearce. I think that's about the extent of it. Essentially, the studio has had another 'Ratner' situation on their hands, because the director wants someone, and the studio wants someone else." and added that "from what I hear Kutcher is the new Batman. Done deal". Oh no! Please, please pretty please, Guy Pearce, step up and do fandom a huge favor by showing Warners that you would be the better (if not best, but I'm still holding out for Clooney to get a "legit" shot at the role) choice to be the next Dark Knight! Besides, Kutcher's already got Demi Moore in the sack, I think he should quit while he's ahead, don't you?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    i kinda agree. but batman is all i care about don't care about a frickin bruce wayne
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Eh? They're trashing the franchise...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    In Defence Of Ashton Kutcher: We've never even seen him TRY to act dramatically. Shouldn't we at least give him a shot? I'm not saying make him Batman, but give him something other than a moron to play and he might just pull it off.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    In Defence Of Ashton Kutcher: We've never even seen him TRY to act dramatically. Shouldn't we at least give him a shot? I'm not saying make him Batman, but give him something other than a moron to play and he might just pull it off.
    Very true... We shouldn't be typecasting actors... True...

By the way... Blugh, are you planning on starting another vague game sometime soon?
    Last edited by chizzace; 06-23-2003 at 10:05 PM.

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    Very true... We shouldn't be typecasting actors... True...
    and why not...?? it would be different he has tried to do anything else but moron parts. but he hasn't.

not to mention that the batman frnachise went under as soon as schumacher took the reigns from burton. it went from being the "dark knight" to "nipples on the batsuit" and "how big is his codpiece".... i guess that is what happens when you let a fashion designer try to direct a movie.

man i can see it know....

Batman 5 : Dude, where's my cowl??
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    It is a shame they can't get Kevin Conroy to play Batman. He is the one that does the voice of Batman in the animated cartoons since the early 90s, including Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. Unfortunately, he doesn't really look the part, but he does a great job in the cartoons and animated movies.

Of course, they should also get Mark Hamill to play the Joker. Nobody, not even Jack Nichoson, can do a better Joker laugh than Mark Hamill.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection