Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Max Payne 2 Info

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=13908

Max Payne Headquarters have published some new details on Max Payne 2 based on a story in the latest print issue of PC Zone magazine, in which the magazine's writer Dave Woods explains aspects of the new story. Here is the info:
    ...According to Sam Lake, lead writer on both Max Payne and the sequel. "The script for the sequel is three times as big as the original. It's going to be a much deeper game and we're taking a big risk by putting him in a love story this time around. In the original we kept the story seperate so that you could blast through the game even if you didn't want to spend time with the graphic novel but this time around we're working hard to incorporate the story into the game."

Subtitled The Fall Of Max Payne, the title hints at another playful feel-good romp through the streets of New York, although it's also set in New York in the fall (read autumn), so the title isn't necessarily as dark as it sounds. Set a year after the end of the first game (all the characters that were lucky enough to survive the original are back for the sequel), the story starts with Max back in uniform, but once again standing accused of killing his former partner. Instead of shruging it off, he confesses to the murder, which sets up the whole film-noir love angle. But don't worry, Remedy hasn't gone soft on you. According to Sam Lake, The Fall Of Max Payne is "dark, tragic and violent, and mostly in Bullet-Time of course. Love hurts, and you just know there isn't going to be a happy ending? Or is there?"

he looks diff ... ?
    anyway i think HALF Life 2 will be better =P....
    Last edited by trailergod; 06-29-2003 at 01:44 PM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I just played through Max 1 a couple weeks ago, loved it to death. I don't think it'll be as good as HL2, but really, I don't think anyone should expect it to be. MP2 will be great in its own right.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Hm Half Life 2 will rock anything.....trust me....

Credits
    u shouldnt compare Mp2 wid HL2, there 2 totaly different typa games, each has different type of playabilty and different advantages, i reckon both will b worth a buy!
    i remember wen i completed Max Payne 1....and damn that feeling felt goooooooooooooood, hopin to have that feelin agen wid this second installment...yeah the guy does look diffferent..........wonder what they got cooking wid the story line

Credits
    #1 was a great game! can't wait to play #2

Credits
    Oh man....I LOVED the first Max Payne. I was even lucky enough to have it play on my system at the time...hehe. I greatly await this next chapter in the vein of Max Payne!

--Dan

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

just installed & played a little.
    OH MAN, THIS ROCKS!

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I love how everything is based on real locations, I love NY!

Credits
    damn, i started playing this game last night... and WOW, its 10x better than the 1st game and the best graphics i have seen for PC so far it has pixel shaders... wooots

Credits
    I loved Max Payne when I started playing, but quickly got bored. It was just a standard shootemup, with Bullet Time, and since I only ever got hit when using Bullet Time I rarely even used that. Enter The Matrix was better, but even that got repetitive. I'm concerned for Max Payne 2. Maybe I'll rent it when it's innevitably given a PS3 release r something.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    Update 1.01 (5MB)

Update Notes:
    - Fixed game crashing to "Exception: Bad Allocation" on Windows 98/Me during loading of certain levels. This may potentially fix other crashes as well.
    - Improved loading times on low-end computers.
    - Improved Technical Support Tool to include CD-ROM Model.

Credits
    LOL do you think all be abull too play max payne on my P2 266MMX with pc100 352sdram with my TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro