Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Mystique Joins The Punisher

The female leads have been cast.

June 26, 2003 - According to The Hollywood Reporter, the co-star of one of this summer's biggest Marvel movies is in talks to join one of summer 2004's Marvel releases. Rebecca Romijn-Stamos ("Mystique" in the X-Men films) is poised to join Laura Harring (Mulholland Dr.) in the cast of The Punisher. Thomas Jane and John Travolta star. The Artisan Entertainment/Marvel Studios project begins filming next month in Florida for a summer 2004 release. Jonathan Hensleigh will direct from his own screenplay.

The Punisher "revolves around a vigilante hero (Jane) who dispenses harsh justice to criminals after his wife and children are slain by the mob."

While the trade paper doesn't specify which role Romijn-Stamos landed (perhaps the doomed wife of Frank Castle?), "Harring will play Ivia Saint, the ruthless, vengeful wife of the film's evil Howard Saint (Travolta). Saint is a man involved in the criminal underworld who manages to conceal his violent beginnings and become a paragon of society. When the Saints' son is brutally slain, a darker, vengeful side re-emerges in the man."

Laura Harring's other credits include Willard, Little Nicky and John Q. Romijn-Stamos has also starred in Femme Fatale and Rollerball.
    Very, very good choices!

Credits
    very nice casting, i'm really looking forward to see the movie, sounds like a very dark marvel comic to me. i don't know the comic book, but what i heard about the movie sounds like it could get rated r. i hope artisan won't cut it down to pg-13 for its theatrical release. i mean it's really cheap compared to the other marvel releases, so it should pay off for marvel and artisan even if it's rated r and won't gross as much as the pg-13 films.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Agreed, streetpreacher.

This has the potential to be as dark (or darker?) then the first batmans which, imo, are the only two good batmans - batman was ment to be dark.

Punisher could be amazing but I feel that if cuts are made to make it PG-13 then we'll lose something. Then again Marvel might go that way....hope not though.

Credits
    I think, considering Artisan is doing this which means it will probably be on a slightly lower budget, they won't be as concerned about making it all back. So, I think they'll go for the R, and I think they'll be hoping for Blade II size grosses. Which, if they do a solid job, shouldn't be a huge problem.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?