Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

German Theater Chains May Dump 'The Hulk'

from imdb:
    "Two German theater chains, CinemaxX and Kinopolis, are threatening to refuse to run The Hulk next week unless distributor UIP backs off from its demands for 52.5 percent of the film's German grosses. Spokespersons for the chains told trade publications on Tuesday that UIP, owned jointly by Paramount, Universal, and MGM, has imposed an increased percentage scale that will culminate with a 55 percent rate in May and that the chains are determine to fight it."

seems like they really need the money to make hulk at least a bit profitable
    two of the biggest theaters around here are not screening it too and they don't belong to a chain. one of them is the most succesful theater in germany, compared to inhabitants of the city.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits

Thumbs down

serves them right !!!!

i just saw The Hulk movie (original english) CineStar Kino and its is
    CUT !!!!!! .. i am so *****ing mad !!! (they cut to get lower rating to have more money)

i noticed this coz there are 2 scenes that are too jumpy or choppy... can anybody confirm this pls ...

1st scene involves the exploding frog... u see it bleeding then the next scene they talk about having discovered how to explode frogs.. so there was never a shot of the frog exploding?

2nd scene that i think was cut is when Bruce is electricuted by Josh Lucas to make him mad in the base... we see him about to use the gun the next frame u see Bruce on the floor ..

anyway about the movie, well it is simply boooring and not a "FUN" movie, it simply put to much sentimal stuff that is not needed at all... i dunno.. but those trailers simply sold me a different movie and not this boring movie.

Some parts are good, acting is also great but this comic movie is simply "NOT FUN" for a summer movie, it is simply tooooo serious, it could at least have some Dark Humor like Batman... but Hulk did not have, a big disappoint to me, no wonder its really slowing down in the Box Office, i bet it wont even break even ($130M)

and can somebody explain to me this part ..what hell was that about?... i mean the part were Hulk and his Father talk .. under those "theatrical" spotlights .. a scene that looks it was taken from Shakespeare’s Hamlet... =P

another thing is the look of the movie, is it really "soft" and a bit faded or pale? , coz those trailers look so colorful but the movie looks a bit on the pale side...
    Last edited by trailergod; 07-03-2003 at 04:22 PM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    spoiler tags!!!
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    it seems it is really cut in germany.
    i've read in another forum (dvdinside.de), that some preview screenings were and some screenings in english are fsk 16, other screenings are all fsk 12.
    some people said that in the uncut version you can see the frog getting blown up and bruce getting "tortured"
    fine, then i won't see it this weekend, i'll wait until it starts in the netherlands next week. it seems uip really wants to screw this release, maybe they need a big loss as an "abschreibungsobjekt" (i really don't know how to translate that , i mean something to save on taxes) i'll go and see "verschwende deine jugend" instead

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy

anyway about the movie, well it is simply boooring and not a "FUN" movie, it simply put to much sentimal stuff that is not needed at all... i dunno.. but those trailers simply sold me a different movie and not this boring movie.

Some parts are good, acting is also great but this comic movie is simply "NOT FUN" for a summer movie, it is simply tooooo serious, it could at least have some Dark Humor like Batman... but Hulk did not have, a big disappoint to me, no wonder its really slowing down in the Box Office, i bet it wont even break even ($130M)

I told you before you saw it that it would be a story led film. The reviews all said that it was a story led film, where the Hulk didn't make an appearance for about 45 mins. Ang Li himself said that he didn't know comics but that he knew Greek Tragedies. Yet you were still expecting a popcorn muncher?

Of course the trailers were action packed, that's because the masses don't like to use their brains. My brother was all ready to book his tickets, then I told him the film had a story. Now he wont watch it untill it's free on the TV.

So far I've heard 2 arguments about Hulk. 1 is that it's a great complex film, dealing with a man trying to control his temper, his love for his girlfriend, and his fathers redemption as well as a whole lot more. The other is that it's a boring film without enough action. So I think I'll really enjoy Hulk a lot.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    So far I've heard 2 arguments about Hulk. 1 is that it's a great complex film, dealing with a man trying to control his temper, his love for his girlfriend, and his fathers redemption as well as a whole lot more. The other is that it's a boring film without enough action. So I think I'll really enjoy Hulk a lot.
    hehe, me too. after seeing charlie's angels 2 i really need something complex

Credits
    i just came back from seeing it, despite the cuts.
    i really enjoyed the film, it's my favorite comic to movie transition yet. i don't think there wasn't enough action, it was well balanced imo. the movie was sometimes slow but not boring, if it was for me it could even be longer. i just hope it gets recognized at awards next year. it should definetly get nominations in the technical categories, the editing is really outstanding, it was great to see something different. i also don't think the hulk looked too fake and cgi, i could just complain about the facial expressions, but i guess they did the best that's possible today.

Credits
    It is a complex film, and well done in that regard. That doesn't change the fact that it's as dull as A Beautiful Mind, easily one of the most dull, boring, films in my memory. A movie can do this sort of drama, a drama of a family falling apart, well. But Hulk doesn't do it well enough to be interesting. Hulk is interesting in and of himself, he just smashes everything reall good and it's great. But to pull off the drama... I'm not sure what was missing, but it was definitely lacking.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    complex film ? i dont think so...

i mean the 1st 40 mins of the movie could be easily compressed to 15 mins, once we get the point that its about inner anger or supressed anger or the past then its ok, but we dont need to be reminded about it in the movie several times in dream sequences and several uneeded scenes

another thing that sucks.. the 2 best fight scenes happen at night.. WTF is that, were they trying to hide something?

and could some1 explain to me the ending with the bubble thing(scene reminds me of Never Ending Story)? coz for a complex and very sentimental movie its ending is too comics or cartoony which does not fit at all if we assume its suppose to be a complex movie...

ohhh an its now confirmed the german version has about 1 min CUT !!!!! in order to get a 12 rating

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fas...5102&vid=71109

Eindeutig cut in Deutschland,echt traurig bei einer Comic verfillmung.Es fehlte eindeutig die Szene wo Bruce Banner im Armeelager gefangen ist und der Mann mit den Verbänden überall reinkommt und ihn mit Stromschockern wütend machen will. Ein ziemlich auffälliger Schnitt den man im Kino sofort bemerkt.Ich habe in mit der OV verglischen und es ist eindeutig cut.

Desweiteren fehlt, wie Bruce dann ausgeknockt wird. Auch cut ist die Frosch-Szene (man sieht die letzten 5 Sekunden nicht, wie der Frosch platzt)
    i just downloaded the screener and the torture scene is very long and important and i miss it ... and i paid money for that !!!! *****ERS

Credits
    even when it's not cut it blows.

some parts were alright but man can you make a more dragged out film about a big *** green dude?