Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Germany gets LOTR special treatment

this is an article from theonering.net

LOTR Triple-Bill Tickets on Sale in Germany
    7/10/03, 12:59 pm EST - Xoanon

Jens writes: I thought it might be interesting for the German fans that the cinema-chain CINEMAXX started selling special tickets for a triple LOTR show on Tuesday, Dec 16. So not only will one be able to see the first two parts on a big screen again but one can as well see ROTK one day ahead of the official opening.

Credits
    this would be definetly too long for me. with breaks between the movies you'd be about 11 hours in the theater
    i went to the scream night in 2000 with scream 1, 2 and a preview of 3 which started at 8pm and ended at about 2.30am, even that was too long. the first one was ok, the second one too, but it was definetly too much to see the third one in a row.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    UGH ...

i did this with Matrix...
    Matrix then Matrix Reloaded...

it started at 8pm and ended at around 2am.. and i was home at around 3:30am...

and there were lots of people...

but 10 hours of LOTR is tooo long...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Well if you chose to watch a Matrix Marathon then it's your mistake.
    I'd be there though for the entire LOTR trilogy. These films need to be watched back to back with little to no break because they really are 1 long film. Germans got sooo lucky this time.

Credits
    all countries will get the special treatment. Matrix marathon, LotR Marathon. I mean, Australia got FotR & TTT back to back... so its an easy bet that Australia will get FotR,TTT & RotK all in one hit. While playing in the next room, Matrix1,2 & 3.

Same thing will happen with Star Wars as well.

Wonder if Harry Potter will get the same marathon treatment when the 3rd is released.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    all countries will get the special treatment.
    doubt that. we have NEVER (to my knowlidge) got movies back to back like this. Atleast not movie 1 & 2 (& 3). We have got 3 totally seperate movies after eachother on december 12 each year though.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I remember a teacher once told me that she went to a Star Wars marathon once. That was 40 years ago though, and I've never heard it being done here since.