Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

SST2

Thanks to those fine, fine folks at Tippett Studios, we’ve got a slew of wonderful high-res images for your viewing pleasure from the forthcoming “Starship Troopers 2 : Hero of the Federation”, the Phil Tippett directed sequel, scheduled to embark on a premiere mission to disc retailers in the new year.
    CLick the link below for the pictures

MovieHole
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 07-09-2003 at 09:18 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Thanks Kn'Thrak. Wow, this looks really b-grade. Oh yeah, that right IT IS!!!

Why even make this if it is going straight to video, has no names in it (except Richard Burgi, that guy is cool) and has a fraction of of the budget? And what's this I hear about mind control bugs????

The first is a movie that needs no sequel, and if it did, bring back original director and cast with same or bigger budget!!!

SST2 i can safely say is gonna suck big time!
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    I'll hold judgement till the movie comes out. Looks like its made just for the fans. Looks dirty and dark. The the SSt story is. Anyone seen the series? Its really good. A lot better than the movie. Instand of large battalions like the movie, the series and books and what looks like this sequel, the battles are accomplised by small groups of ppl with high technology and battle mech suits.

Just hoping it will be a B grade movie but true to the real story behind SST.

Credits
    lol, i am gonna see this movie. i own the first movie, and i just love the way it is! how stupid and how fake it is. LOL. they can unbelievably get away w/ this movie. the second one may be even more stupid and fake, and i will probably own it too!! hehe :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    oh my god, i can't believe how cheap this looks. i bet this will end up in the bottom 100 at imdb.com.
    how can somebody make a cheap direct to video sequel of a movie that heavily relied on expensive special effects??
    i liked the first one, and probably will watch this one as it looks like it will be so bad it turned funny again
    btw: the last time i saw the first one was on dutch tv (i live near the border) two days after the war in iraq started. how fuc*ed up can you be to air this movie two days after a war begun??? it was the first time i saw it in english. totally different when you take a look at the "changes" made in the german version (from imdb):

During the classroom scene when Mr. Rasczak (Michael Ironside) talks about violence he says "I wonder what the city fathers of Hiroshima would say about that." and Carmen (Denise Richards) replies "They probably wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed." In the German version of this scene Mr. Rasczak says "I wonder what the citizens of Washington would say about that." and Carmen replies "They probably wouldn't say anything. Washington was destroyed during the first Bug War."

Dialogue changes in German version: in school the teacher is talking about failure of democracy and how the veterans took control. Only citizens are allowed to vote. In the German version all this is changed about some talking about the war against the bugs; democracy is not mentioned. "Service garantees citizenship" is changed to "Fight for the future".
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    this is soooooooooooo sad

soo cheap and insulting .... the 1st movie was the ultimate satire war movie i have seen and this sequel will only insult it
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Looks B-movieish. It'll depend a lot on how good the vfx are.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I ADORE the first film. This second film will be an insult. The TV show was an insult also.

Credits
    I'll see the film and hope it'll be better without some hack director who's hardon for gore ruins every satire he's ever made.

Series was great. Who'd of thought that developing a small group of characters can turn out well.

Credits
    Originally posted by Movieman
    I ADORE the first film. This second film will be an insult. The TV show was an insult also.
    Actually, the film was an insult to the book! The creators were so disapointed with SST that they made the series more true to the book and real story in teh SST universe.

I agree... the first was such as load of crap. Don't like to see a movie where the human race r dumbasses.... fact

Credits
    i hear the books great, i personally loved the tv stuff, twas great.......but i loved the first movie aswell, thought it was great in its own way.......i can only hope da second is good aswell....PLEEEEASE