Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

'Kill Bill' into two 90-minute features ?

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...6099941,69514,

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith spoke to actor David Carradine about Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill. Carradine says there might be plans to make it into a double feature.

"Shooting has been going on so long -- with Quentin continuing to write scenes -- that plans are afoot to turn 'Kill Bill' into two 90-minute features that would be released within five weeks of each other," he says. "The first film would end with a cliffhanger, so that everyone would want to see the second half."

Carradine adds that if these plans go through he would have to come back for more filming. "I was called back in January to do an additional scene Tarantino had written, and was back again twice in February. Dividing 'Kill Bill' into two films would mean my returning to the cameras again for some connective tissue."

this will be good......

or

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Cool idea but I think it would end up pissing off all non QT fans. I couldn't believe the amount of people that walked out of FOTR all ticked off at the end.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I don't think that anybody disslikes a Quentin Tarantino film. He is awesome.

That would be an interesting idea, to make them a month apart from each other. It would also be a first. It would be fun to do it.

Credits
    If there's anyone who can pull it off, it would be QT.

If not, release an Extended Edition on DVD just like LOTR.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I like the idea a lot!!!!!

Credits
    i like the extended edition idea... there are already too many movies doing a watch first half .. come back next year for second half..

release a general public version at the cinema.. and a special extended edition dvd..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    sounds like a fun idea. Especially since they'd only be a month apart and not a year like most sequels.

It would also be cool if it got movies to do double features again.

Credits
    Can someone explain the appeal of Kill Bill to me. I thought that the trailer looked kind of dull.

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    Can someone explain the appeal of Kill Bill to me. I thought that the trailer looked kind of dull.
    Here we go again:

"Kill Bill" is basically QT's homage to the Asian action cinema of the 60s-80s, mainly Hong Kong martial arts and Japanese samurai flicks, and gangster/underworld movies from both regions. If you have some knowledge about what these kind of films look like, you'll understand that even in the trailer there're references to the genre. That, I think, it's the appeal. To film buffs like us, at least...

So it's the proposed 'double-feature' gimmick. Back in the 50-70s, B-grade films are sometimes shown with another B-grade film (usually already released) as 'double feature' with reduced price. I know there're cinemas in Melbourne, eg the one in Chinatown, that still do the 'double feature' practice.

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Here we go again:
    :angel"

Originally posted by editman
    "Kill Bill" is basically QT's homage to the Asian action cinema of the 60s-80s, mainly Hong Kong martial arts and Japanese samurai flicks, and gangster/underworld movies from both regions. If you have some knowledge about what these kind of films look like, you'll understand that even in the trailer there're references to the genre. That, I think, it's the appeal. To film buffs like us, at least...
    Yeah I did pick up on a lot of that stuff, but it still looks dull. Maybe it's because I don't think Uma Thurman looks like an action hero, but I guess I'll need to see some more.

Credits
    hehehe - Pulling a Matrix anyone? Closer together obviously but similar idea.

If it's a good movie, it'll be worth it. But if it bombs....ouch. Big risk there.

Credits
    better to have 1 3hour movie
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    better to have 1 3hour movie
    That would have less of a risk but 2 90 min movies 5 weeks apart would get more media hype because it is so unusual.

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    That would have less of a risk but 2 90 min movies 5 weeks apart would get more media hype because it is so unusual.
    and lets not forget MONEY

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    and lets not forget MONEY
    Not if the first half is a flop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast