Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Traffic the mini-series

USA will be airing a mini-series next year called Traffic. The series isn't directly related to the film, but apparently it takes some themes from the film about illegal trafficking and brings them up to date with stories of illegal weapons and human trafficking and looks at new centers for black market trading like post-war Afghanistan.

Anybody heard about this?

Credits
    I actually liked the movie fine- but agreed the mini-series looks cool.

Balthazar Getty is also in it - and I've liked him since Lord of the Flies, although he's had a rough time since then. Maybe this role will get him back on his feet.

Anyway - i think this will be a good series- explore some issues about illegal trade in a little more depth

Credits
    Just an FYI - Trailer is being hosted on IMDB's homepage.

Credits
    I saw the trailer and this miniseries looks real good. I've been seeing a lot of advertising for it recently. It starts Monday, right?

Credits
    although i haven't seen the mini-series myself i think it's a dumb idea to make a mini-series out of a movie that was already based on a mini-series before
    if it's really not directly related to the movie and only has the same theme they should give it a different name, but i guess they hope this way they can attract more viewers
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    I guess you could look at it like that, but the miniseries was British--I never saw it and neither did tons of other people probably. That's why I'm looking forward to it--and b/c it will be slightly different. I'm gonna watch it b/c it got great reviews...we'll see how it is

Credits
    Originally posted by beckdogg
    I guess you could look at it like that, but the miniseries was British--I never saw it and neither did tons of other people probably.
    than why not just air it? it's a lot cheaper than making a new series out of it and probably better since it's original.

Credits
    actually the BBC miniseries was done in 1990 I think, so it is a little outdated. The USA miniseries is also supposed to look past just drugs, and include other forms of illegal trafficking.

Anyone catch the first episode last night?

I liked it - worth checking out tonight I think

Credits
    anyone else watched this miniseries? Any good?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]