Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    well strictly speaking just about any movie that has its setting in USA shows USA in a bad way..... when was the last time u actually saw a movie that depicts USA and its people as perfect...hehehe
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I don't know about countries but I DO know you don' wanna catch a cab in NYC - Bone Collector

As for the movie that made hte US look bad I'd say Gangs of NY

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Originally posted by bender
    u mean like behind enemy lines?
    yeah, one of them (I don't even think about exactly which ones, but a remember a few)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Austin Powers in Goldmember made Holland look weird and perverse - in a funny way.

Credits
    Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    Austin Powers in Goldmember made Holland look weird and perverse - in a funny way.
    And Belgium. And England. And a little Japan too

Can anyone find a movie that makes Canada look bad? I mentioned before Canadian Bacon makes us look like really overly nice people...but nothing that makes us look evil or bad.

hmm
    Jimmy The Tulip doesn't care for some Canadian food:
    Every red-blooded American knows that the only condiment that you are ever supposed to put on a hamburger is KETCHUP!! Or maybe some of that special sauce you like so much here in Canada; which I think has a little bit of mayonnaise in it too, but I swear to God when they start slapping that mayonnaise on there I could kill somebody.
    Personally I think that must be a Montréal thing (where most of the movie takes place?) because I've never had mayonnaise on my burger. or fries. or anything.

Credits
    South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut made Canda look bad. Heck, Mike Myers was thinking of having Canada as the villians in Goldmember, according to the DVD commentary.

Credits
    Australia: EVERY Australian movie came out this year, and last year... and the past decade... (except Chopper & Alexandra's Project)

It's a disgrace that either government or private funding are pouring money into making sh*thouse flicks with no real market potential whatsoever.

Sorry... wrong thread too...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    come on editman.. there were some awesome Australian movies. He died with a felafel in his hand.. was hilarious! so was the Man who sued god.. Crackerjack, Nugget, dont forget the Dish.. what about Dirty Deeds??

and also i dont understand why crocodile hunter or crocodile dundee makes australia look bad?? we know that its not true, however people in the states feed on it like its going out of fashion if anything its dissin the U.S's gullibility, even still US tourists get caught by drop bears and hoop snakes.. cmon! how can you honestly say these movies make australia look bad?!

I will however say that Lantana and Rabbit Proof Fence, are dramas.. and dramas are movies that shouldn't be made.. they are boring and pointless.. its the dull genre, where 70 year old women scour for a nice "human interest" story to whittle away their retiring years..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    p.s i just remembered that one of the lethal weapon movies does slug it to south africa... i think its number 3

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    p.s i just remembered that one of the lethal weapon movies does slug it to south africa... i think its number 3
    No, it's Lethal Weapon 2.

And about me bashing Australian films... it's a personal thing, so I admit it's a very baise comment. (Well ANY Aussie films without the participation of editman is sh*ite, how's that?... )

But Steve Irwin is definitely make Australia look bad... now that everyone else in the world think all of us are croc-poo-loving larrikins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12