Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

indian "phone booth" remake

from imdb.com:
    "20th Century Fox Goes Bollywood
    Twentieth Century Fox has signed a joint-venture deal with Bollywood's Applause Entertainment to co-produce and distribute Indian-language versions of 20th's releases, the Times of India reported today (Thursday). The first production will reportedly be a remake of the thriller Phone Booth. The newspaper quoted sources as saying that the U.S. studio, owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, would have exclusive distribution rights of the movie in India and abroad."

hm, afaik bollywood movies are mostly musicals with lots of dance sequences. i wonder if phone booth will be a standard remake or if the outcome will be something more in the style of the indian movie tradition. if they do it bollywood style i will definetly check this out
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Well I'm not sure that singing and dancing would save Phone Boothe, but if they make a standard thriller then hopefully they'll make it better than the US movie.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Well I'm not sure that singing and dancing would save Phone Boothe, but if they make a standard thriller then hopefully they'll make it better than the US movie.
    '

What didn't you like about it? I just saw it this past weekend and enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint would be the running time being so short but I don't think they could have made it to 2 hours.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Originally posted by chernabog_ca
    '

What didn't you like about it? I just saw it this past weekend and enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint would be the running time being so short but I don't think they could have made it to 2 hours.
    I hated the direction. I wanted to watch a film about a sniper, not about a director trying ever harder to be hip. The music and hyperactive camera just didn't fit in with a film that was supposed to be about a sniper. Someone who has to be slow and silent.
    http://www.whwn.com/movies/2003/phonebooth/review.htm

Credits
    well, it was better than Batman and Robin, so at least Schumacher's improved somewhat. Granted, a 2 hour stop motion film featuring various Pez dispensers would've been better than B&R.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    hey come on......stop assuming dat "ALL" bollywood movies have sing n dance and are all toooo long.....yes i watch alot of bollywood movies...and da mass audience prefer sing n dance movies dat are really long....but not all bollywood movies are like that.....there are a few that are short n have no sing n dance.... but i guess u lot dont watch much of em..so i guess its normal for makin assumptions like dat......but just thought id let yah kno there are a few movies out there dat dont contain sing n dance and are 1 hour 30mins-ish.

now back to the point....i personally dont see da point of a remake for bollywood.......i dont think theres much u can do wid that story to make it better or worse....but dats my opinion,..il still watch it, i guess