Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

"Saving Jessica Lynch"

wow.. already?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._jessica_lynch

BURBANK, Calif. - Actress Laura Regan will portray Army Pvt. Jessica Lynch in the NBC movie "Saving Jessica Lynch."

Regan, who starred in the 2002 horror movie "They," was cast in the lead role of the TV movie centering on the rescue of the 20-year-old Iraqi prisoner of war, network spokeswoman Cathryn Boxberger said Tuesday.

NBC Entertainment President Jeff Zucker said last month the film will be a compelling action-adventure told from the perspective of Mohammed Odeh al-Rehaief, the Iraqi lawyer who alerted the U.S. military to Lynch's whereabouts.

The film, being made without Lynch's participation, will focus less on her and more on the experience of her Army unit and her rescuers, Zucker has said.

Lynch was captured March 23 after her 507th Maintenance Company convoy was ambushed in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriyah. She was rescued from a hospital in the city on April 1 after al-Rehaief alerted U.S. forces.

She returned home last month to Palestine, W.Va., after a long hospitalization in Washington, D.C.

"Saving Jessica Lynch," with executive producer Dan Paulson, is scheduled to start production this month. It will be broadcast in November.

Injured U.S. Army private Jessica Lynch, whose capture by Iraqi forces and later recovery was highly publicized, may be paid to help NBC make a television movie about the ordeal, The New York Times reported August 7, 2003, citing executives involved in the proposed deal. Twenty-year-old Lynch, who was taken prisoner during the Iraq (news - web sites) war and was held over a week before being rescued by U.S. Special Forces, is seen here talking to reporters at her homecoming celebration July 22, 2003. Photo by Blake Sell/Reuters

Canadian actress Laura Regan, from Halifax, Canada, shown in an undated photo, will portray Army Pvt. Jessica Lynch, the 19-year-old U.S. Army supply clerk captured by Iraqi forces, in the NBC movie ``Saving Jessica Lynch.'' (AP Photo/The Halifax Daily News, HO)
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Could this be a very real look of the brutality of war since Lynch would be help on the set? COuld probably be on of the most realistic scenes in a movie from a war event.

I will be sure to look out for this.
    But its damn stronger courage to face your dark side. Lynch help to a movie would probably mean she will have to face her feelings and conquer them.

*clap clap clap*
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    "Saving Private Lynch!" :big grin:

okay that wuzn't funny. but this movie should be cool. i'm interested to see what really happened
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    "Saving Private Lynch!" :big grin:

Yeah totally, it's like Saving Private Ryan part deux.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by radstar
    i'm interested to see what really happened
    heh, nobody will EVER know (I mean Us, tipical humans) what exactly! REALLY HAPPENED.
    IMO just (probably) another american tipical oh & oh hero movies

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi

IMO just (probably) another american tipical oh & oh hero movies
    i'm very sceptical about that movie too.
    i guess it will end up being the most patriotic movie ever created. i think this movie will never make it to a tv station outside the usa.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    I don't really care how patriotic or vitriolic they make it, I just don't think it'll be very good because it's network TV on a short time budget. There has only been one successful portrayal of war on television, that being Band of Brothers, where they could show the brutality and grit of real warfare because they didn't worry about censors and they took the time to do it right. This is gonna be sanitized, full of lies, and a waste of time for all involved.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?