Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Director Ronny Yu talks about a live-action BLOOD: THE LAST VAMPIRE!

Blood: The Last Vampire: If you've seen the original Blood: The Last Vampire anime you know that something very special is held within. Well, according to Ain't It Cool, director Ronny Yu, who just finished up post production on Freddy vs. Jason, is talking about doing a live-action adaptation of the story. Take a look:

QUINT: I KNOW YOU'RE DEEP INTO PUBLICITY ON FREDDY VS JASON, BUT WHAT HAVE YOU GOT LINED UP NEXT?

RONNY YU: I read a comic book, a Japanese comic book, a long time ago... not too long... three, four years ago, called BLOOD: THE LAST VAMPIRE. There an animation movie... And I'm trying to adapt that one... trying to get the rights to that one...

QUINT: DOES IT TAKE PLACE ON A MILITARY BASE?

RONNY YU: Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

QUINT: I'VE SEEN THAT ONE. IT'S PRETTY DAMN COOL AND CREEPY.

RONNY YU: That's what's really interesting. You've never seen a vampire that took place on the... the... the... army base. The military base.

QUINT: I REMEMBER THE DESIGN OF THE VAMPIRES IS WHAT GOT ME... KINDA LIKE A MIXTURE OF TRADITIONAL WEREWOLVES AND VAMPIRES.

RONNY YU: It's a bit combination. So, I'm trying to develop a script of an English version.

I don't know about you folks, but this has gotten me terribly excited. I have never seen the comic book version, just the short cartoon, but after watched FvJ I am completely confident that Yu is the right man for this (presumably) live action adaptation. I had one or two very minor problems with FREDDY VS JASON (on the whole it was a kick-*** flick), but none of them lay with Yu's direction. I can't really imagine how much fun he'd have with a project like BLOOD: THE LAST VAMPIRE... If the amount of blood spilt in FvJ is any indicator, then he's going to need an Olympic-sized swimming pool filled with corn syrup and red dye #5 to take on a project like BLOOD...
    http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ws.php?id=1469

Credits
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]