Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

future for FUTURAMA?

Two weeks ago the final new episode of FUTURAMA was broadcast by the Fox network, bringing a close to the zany interplanetary adventures of Fry, Bender, Leela and the rest of the Planet Express crew.

Maybe, maybe not.

With FUTURAMA producing solid ratings on Cartoon Network and strong sales of the show on two DVD sets, could the door be open for a return of FUTURAMA? In an exclusive interview with the show's co-creator, David X. Cohen, we found out that the show's creative team hasn't given up their hopes that something could happen someday.

"For my personal wishes I would look at a movie," answers Cohen at the prospect of new FUTURAMA stories. "That’s what I’m aiming for. I know it’s kind of a longshot I guess at this point but on the other hand it, to me it seems like a no-brainer that it would be a success because it would be not that expensive as far as animated movies go. There’s an audience already built-in worldwide for this thing because the movie could easily show in Europe, in Australia, the United States, Mexico. To me it seems that it would be very easy to make your money back on a FUTURAMA movie. And any movie executives reading this right now I recommend that you take out your calculators and look at what I’m saying because it’s true!

And Cohen's chief cohort feels the same way. "Whenever I say we should do a movie Matt Groening always says ‘A series of movies!’ so I know he’s into it. Nothing’s out of the question. I think that because of the success on Cartoon Network the people are raising an eyebrow. So maybe there is something else that we can do with the show whereas a few months ago I would have said, ah, you know, we’re done for."

To find out more about what Cohen had to say about a possible SIMPSONS/FUTURAMA crossover, as well as hsi thoughts on the show on DVD and where you can find (and play!) a "lost episode", be sure to read part one and part two of our exclusive interview with FUTURAMA co-creator David X. Cohen only online here at Cinescape!
    From Cinescape

here is a tidbit from part one
    Q1: So besides the DVD and reruns, what’s going on with FUTURAMA right now? There's new episodes coming on Fox but the show's been cancelled, right? I'm confused.

COHEN: It’s the only cancelled show that’s on three networks at the same time, four if you count the Spanish station. It’s somewhat gratifying that more than a year-and-a-half after we realized that we weren’t going to return that suddenly the show is having a sort of an upsurge in popularity.
    and heres part two
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Fox is retarded. Cancelling Family Guy and Futurama was the worst things they've ever done (reality TV is pretty horrible too)

I'm a huge simpson's fan, but I know they're slipping. Once Simpson's is gone, I will have no reason to watch that network. I can't wait to see them go under.

Credits
    yea both Family Guy and Futurama is really good shows. I hope they can find new life for both of them.

Credits
    hey I just noticed, when u use this fast reply box, it dosent include your signature

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    hey I just noticed, when u use this fast reply box, it dosent include your signature
    No! Ur sig only shows once per page.

Really hope Futurama comes back. It was a great show. Much better than the Simpsons.. but then again.. it was more adult.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    No! Ur sig only shows once per page.

Really hope Futurama comes back. It was a great show. Much better than the Simpsons.. but then again.. it was more adult.
    ohh when did that change?

good thing though, much space when just repeat of the same thing.

Credits
    I like Futurama, but I have to suffer terrestrial TV cuts (like syndication cuts only worse) so they can show it at 6pm. Over here, they've released a Futurama comic and the current issue has Bender asking what would happen if he time travelled back to New Years Eve 1999 to the What If? machine and it shows a Terminator spoof that really does make you LOL. (Yes, Bender, that's where the sig came from...)

Credits
    It's too bad because I liked Futurerama although I didn't watch it every week. I was never a fan of the Family Guy so I don't miss it. Fox should seriously look at it's line up. There's not much else on it besides The Simpsons and Malcom In The Middle. I really liked Fastlane but they went and cancelled it. They've moved Boston Public to Friday nights which pretty much signals the end to it. Other than that, all Fox has is sports and the stupidest reality shows on TV.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Originally posted by chernabog_ca
    Other than that, all Fox has is sports and the stupidest reality shows on TV.
    Which makes all The Simpsons FOX jokes funnier...

Credits
    Well, there isn't much else funny on the simpsons anymore, it's starting to slip bigtime.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I can't stand this show even though I love the SImpsons
    Last edited by Jake; 08-20-2003 at 09:59 AM.

Credits
    watch last night with some mates about 3 episodes of Futurama, I got all 4 DVD sets,

one funny episode is when the Prof. got young but also the whole crew got young and watching Dr. Zoidberg go thru his "stages" was damn hilarious....

I really wish this show will come back !!!!!! ... 70+ episodes don' seem enough.. hehehe
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Bender would say...."Fox you can kiss my shiny metal ***" :-)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by discostu
    "Fox you can kiss my shiny metal ***" :-)
    It's 'bite my shiny metal a**', punk.

BTW I like the 'Anthology of Interest' episodes personally, kinda analogous to The Simpsons' Halloween episodes. And 'Jurassic Bark' - so sad.
    Last edited by editman; 05-01-2005 at 07:09 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List