Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

ROTK theatrical trailer release.....

from theonering.net

Trailer Confirmed by USAToday!

USAToday is reporting that the first theatrical trailer for The Return of the King will, as previously reported, show up before New Line Cinema's 'Secondhand Lions.' The twist is that 'Lions' opens this week and the trailer will not show with the film until September 26th. The promotion for 'Secondhand Lion's' states that it is the best 'family film' since Finding Nemo, so I imagine we won't be seeing anything too graphic as far as the 3 minutes Return of the King trailer is concerned.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Cool

JU-HU! LET'S PARTY! :big grin: ... joking, kinda

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits

Credits
    That's what I hated. The ending to FOTR was so great. I really wanted them to hunt some orc at the beggining of TTT!!! All they did is trail them.

Right at the spot where the music was building, they were getting closer. I thought there should have been a short fight right there. It would have been perfect. But Noooooo. NO hunting orcs. ;P Bleh. .

Credits
    Actually... they did hunt Orcs

hunt (hnt)
    v. hunt·ed, hunt·ing, hunts
    • To pursue (game) for food or sport
    • To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.
    • To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.
    • To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.
    • To seek out; search for.
    • To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.
    So as you can pick up.. hunting means more so to chase! So TTT promised the ending of FotR.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Ok yeah your right. I was taking it as the last step of the hunt (IE the kill). Hopefully we will get to see some good fellowship action in Aragorn's trails in the cave in ROTK.

I still say I wanted to see some Human Elf Dwarf vs. Orc action in the beggining of TTT. Those fights in FOTR were more personal in FOTR. And I personally, liked them better.

Credits
    The Press Release:

NEW LINE CINEMA'S THEATRICAL TRAILER FOR
    THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING
    MAKES WORLDWIDE BOW FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26

Los Angeles, CA, September 23, 2003 - New Line Cinema will debut the new trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in theaters around the world on Friday, September 26.

In North America, the 2 min., 30 sec. trailer will play exclusively with New Line's Secondhand Lions, now in its second weekend of release. It will be in theaters throughout the weekend and will then debut online at www.lordoftherings.net on Monday, September 29.

On December 17, the Journey ends. Co-writer/director/producer Peter Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's revered trilogy concludes with the worldwide release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. With intimate, emotional stories set against an epic backdrop, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King tells the dramatic final story of these men, their relationships and rivalries, and how through courage, commitment, and determination even the least of us can change the world.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King stars (in alphabetical order) Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Brad Dourif, Bernard Hill, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, John Noble, Miranda Otto, John Rhys-Davies, Andy Serkis, Liv Tyler, Karl Urban, Hugo Weaving, David Wenham, and Elijah Wood. The third film in the highly acclaimed trilogy is produced by Barrie M. Osborne, Fran Walsh and Jackson. The screenplay is by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Jackson based on the book by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Credits
    Originally posted by Teremei
    That's what I hated. The ending to FOTR was so great. I really wanted them to hunt some orc at the beggining of TTT!!! All they did is trail them.

Right at the spot where the music was building, they were getting closer. I thought there should have been a short fight right there. It would have been perfect. But Noooooo. NO hunting orcs. ;P Bleh. .
    If you're wondering why Aragorn didn't battle the Orcs, it's because the Knights Of Rohan are an important part of the book. Without them it becomes Aragorn and co rescue Merry And pippin, avoid the forrest, never meet Gandalf. Never free the king, so get thrown out of the castle. Orcs come and everyone dies.

Boy am I glad they didn't get to fight a small band of orcs at the start.

Credits
    It didn't have to be the orcs and urukai guarding merry and pippin to satisfy me. Just a small band of orcs to brutally thrash to epic music. To release some of that chasing them tension.

So there! Nya! ;P

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    If you're wondering why Aragorn didn't battle the Orcs, it's because the Knights Of Rohan are an important part of the book. Without them it becomes Aragorn and co rescue Merry And pippin, avoid the forrest, never meet Gandalf. Never free the king, so get thrown out of the castle. Orcs come and everyone dies.

Boy am I glad they didn't get to fight a small band of orcs at the start.

Well, you are right.

Credits
    Trailer this Friday! I can't wait!

Credits
    so...any guesses on when it will be on the internet ???

ok...what i meant was, when in QT, (professionally released...not some cam job)....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Probably on Monday
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Snippet of ROTK Trailer on E! - maegwen @ 20:03 PST
    Yes, that was a collective gasp of awe that just resounded throughout the US (and anyplace else that receives the E! channel) as the brief snippet of the ROTK trailer was played. All I know is that there was a high-five spanning the globe between myself on the US east-coast and Demosthenes on the Austrailian east-coast, when our theory of Elrond bringing the reforged sword to Aragorn in a tent in Rohan encampment was proved RIGHT!
    Thanks to Ringer Scorpio and his swifty video skills, we have a version for you to download! [5.5MB Quicktime File]

The whole of the snippet included the following scenes:

Aragorn says that with each moment, Frodo is moving ever closing to Mordor. Gandalf wonders "How do we know Frodo is alive?"

Aragorn replies, "What does your heart tell you?"

The next scene is of Frodo climbing to great heights in Mordor - being led by Gollum.

Gollum calls to Frodo, "Come Master."

As Gollum talks to Frodo, the ring is dangling in front of Gollum, and you can see the reflection of it in Gollum's eyes. "Come to Smeagol," he says with a chilling look on his face.

Cut to Arwen speaking to the camera, "It is time."

Brief shot of Narsil at the forge, and being plunged into the cooling bath.

Arwen off-camera, "Give him the sword of the king."

Elrond facing Aragorn within a tent, holding out Anduril, the sword reforged, to Aragorn.

Aragorn pulls it from its scabbard and holds it up in the air.

Close-up of Elrond: "Become who you were born to be," he says (SHIVERS!)

To recap what we know so far:
    -- Trailer is now attached to showings of 'Underworld' at some cinemas in the UK.
    -- Trailer will be attached to showings of "Secondhand Lions" in *most* US markets beginning Sept. 26 (check with your local theater).
    -- AOL Members will get an early look at the trailer beginning midnight Sunday the 28th.
    -- The trailer will go into general release online at the official site on Monday.
    -- E! Live will also show the trailer on Monday.
    http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/092503_rotk_sm.mov

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/7/1064534622
    Last edited by carl; 09-25-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Credits
    Yes! Yes!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast