Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Depp to play wonka ???

from joblo / variety :

It appears set that Johnny Depp will reunite with longtime collaborator Tim Burton on their fourth film, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY with Depp agreeing to star as the enigmatic Willy Wonka. Depp formally met with Burton about the project and became excited at Burton's vision, agreeing to play the role. Negotiations are expected to begin immediately to secure Depp and his busy schedule. The casting would be welcome news to Warners who has seen a Wonka project - whether a remake of 1971's WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY or a more faithful adaptation of Roald Dahl's original book - for many years with Burton finally coming aboard earlier this year to tackle the latter. Casting decisions has marred other high-profile films at the WB, most notably SUPERMAN and with a lead locked in CHARLIE, the project can start moving ahead on the fasttrack. The script for the project is still being developed with rewrites on the original Scott Frank draft being developed by Gwyn Lurie and Pamela Pettler, who recently wrote the Burton-produced stop-motion animated film THE CORPSE BRIDE. CHARLIE is expected to begin filming early in 2004 and shortly thereafter Depp may begin production on PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2 if he agrees to return (and you've got to figure Disney is going to make it very hard for him to say no, if you know what I mean...$$$).
    i like Depp alot. he is one of the best actors from hollywood today...and i love tim burton as a director...

but the yreally did not need to remake Willy Wonka. that is like remaking the Wizard of Oz or the Wall...

i hope they don't mess it up like Planet of the Apes....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I agree this doesnt need a remake but it they absolutely have to do it then im glad its Depp.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

cool news, but I like to see that JD also gets OZZY role (biography movie about Ozzy Osbourne & Black Sabbath band) !

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT