Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

'Rings' music is best ever

Music fans have voted Lord of the Rings the greatest film soundtrack in a poll for radio station Classic FM.
    More than 44,000 listeners cast their vote in the poll, with the top 30 being counted down on the radio station over the weekend.
    Classic FM presenter Simon Bates said: "Howard Shore is following in the footsteps of composers like Mozart, Rachmaninov and Mahler in bringing new audiences to classical music."
    Top 10

1. Lord of the Rings - Howard Shore
    2. Gladiator - Hans Zimmer
    3. Star Wars - John Williams
    4. Schindler's List - John Williams
    5. Out of Africa - John Barry
    6. The Mission - Ennio Morricone
    7. Titanic - James Horner
    8. Dances With Wolves - John Barry
    9. Lawrence of Arabia - Maurice Jarre
    10. Jurassic Park - John Williams

Read more here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3177815.stm
    Last edited by lafce; 08-26-2003 at 07:01 PM.

Credits
    sound just about right. I totally agree with the Top Three. Havent really heard the others. LOTR is perfect. Both of them infact. NIce sig :-)

Credits
    It's not because i'm a Star Wars super freek but i like the Star Wars OST 10 time better than Gladiator, but LOTR at #1 is right in my book!

Credits
    not that i don't like the lotr score, but i don't think this survey is very accurate.
    i guess most people voted for the lotr score, because it's still fresh in their minds.
    to compare howard shore to mozart etc. is imo extremely over-rated, too. mozart died over 200 years ago and i really don't see people remembering howard shore in 200 years the way they remember mozart today. maybe the lotr trilogy will still be watched at that time, but i don't think many people will know howard shore's name then.

my no 1 score would be the requiem for a dream score or star wars if i had to choose something more widely known. i also think that halloween is a classic
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    I think that the list may be a little off, I haven't heard all of the LoTR music but I would say it's good but not BEST, I'm a huge Zimmer fan and I think he had much better scores than Gladiator,

My favorite soundtrack will always be Crimson Tide