Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Thumbs down CARPENTER RETURNS TO HALLOWEEN?

By Dave Davis
    Contributing sources: Creature-Corner

With studios increasingly reliant on "brand recognition" (see: a Catwoman movie that features nothing resembling any of the character's sixty-year history, or an "update" of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a pretty cast), this shouldn't come as a terrible surprise.

None other than the original Michael Myers (rather than the joke he has become) may be dragged into the 21st century, with the man who created him at the helm.

According to Creature-Corner, Dimension (the current home of The Shape) is itching to get the franchise's creator John Carpenter draw up a re-introduction of the characters from the classic 1978 slasher flick Halloween.

Given Carpenter's recent track record (you saw Ghosts of Mars, perhaps?), he'd probably be more than willing to take a crack at this. After all, he's already reportedly working on a new version of his own creepy flick The Fog.

Anyway, if this modernized Halloween does actually come to fruition, I suppose we can expect Michael Myers to perform wire-fu slaughtering while hip-hop music thumps in the background. It's the new way!
    http://www.chud.com/news/sept03/sep13hallow.php3
    Last edited by carl; 09-14-2003 at 10:57 PM.

Credits
    Yeah, but they buggared up Michael so badly it's hard to be scared by him.

Credits
    when they asked carpenter to do h20 he refused, but after seeing resurrection he agrees to do a new halloween movie ???
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Yeah, right.

I'll believe this stupid rumor when I see it.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    What the heck... Hollywood needs to put these horror characters to sleep (Mike Myers, Freddy, Jason, etc.) and come up with some new ones for god's sake!
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Hmmm... Michael Myers slashing and dicing in bullet-time? HA!

Better get Mike Myers to play the Shape to complete the "re-creation" of a "classic".

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    What the heck... Hollywood needs to put these horror characters to sleep (Mike Myers, Freddy, Jason, etc.) and come up with some new ones for god's sake!
    Mike Myers was at least Scary in his first 2 films. Freddy and Jason have never been scary.

They need to give up on iconic horror monsters and go back to the days when the characters were the hero's and so you didn't route for the killer. Freddy Vs Jason was made because people would route for their favourite, the thousands of poor teenagers harmed sliced and diced during production were irrelevant.

Besides none of them would stand a chance if Norman were still on the scene.
    Last edited by carl; 09-15-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Besides none of them would stand a chance if Normon were still on the scene.
    That's Norman for you, my friend.

Credits

Thumbs up

Credits

Thumbs up

As far as I'm concerned, the only good Halloween movies were the first and second... and H2O was great. I think the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre may very well be good, especially going by an AICN article, and this just might be good too. I'll give it a chance (and the rest of you should as well)!!!!

Credits
    why do ppl put down John Carpenter's Halloween movies i don't like it but oh well. a remake of Halloween im there

Credits
    I know many people will disagree but I think Carpenter takes great movie concept and screws them up

Credits
    Just read that the Halloween remake is not going to happen. It was axed.

However, there is a nonth installment underway and a petition going around seeing if anyone wants to see a Myers Vs Pinhead. What will they think of next???
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    Chucky Vs Leprechaun (they're the same height at least

Credits
    tremors vs critters vs gremlins vs lemmings

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast