Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Question Who uses Mozilla?

I just downloaded the latest version on a whim, and wow do I love it!! It looks a bit similar to Netscape, but there's a lot more than meets the eye. The browser runs siginificantly faster than IE, less buggy, less holes (since it's open-source so normal users can help improve it). Tabbed browsing I now couldn't do without, it's just great (it lets you browse multiple sites in "tabs" at the top of the browser instead of cluttering your windows toolbar). It also has built-in pop-up stopping and a download manager that's actually functional and not annoying! The full version even includes a top-notch email and IRC client. Great stuff, and it's 100% free. Give it a shot!! I know... many people are very very attached to their Internet Explorer or Netscape... but give it a whirl, you'll fall in love!!
    Oh! One last thing! It's carried over all my plugins (except for Flash for some reason). No need to reinstall!!

www.mozilla.org

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    off topic: was using Mozilla Firebird (0.7) not long time ago (not Firefix is out; v0.8), but now I'm using MyIE2...

MyIE2 - The Way We Surf The World
    http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    My friends have been raving about how great it is, I'm downloading it now, I'll give it a shot

Credits
    I moved to Mozilla several months ago. And in a similar manner, I can no longer live without TABed browsing (although this feature is already available in other browsers).

The drawback is it's much slower than Intenet Explorer, in term of loading and memory usage!

Credits
    I use Firefox 0.8 and love it, although I noticed that a couple of the forum features don't work right (nothing major, but clicking on the smilies with I post a message doesn't do anything, so I have to remember the codes myself... seemed to me like there was something else, but can't remember what it is off the top of my head).

I have been a regular user of Netscape since 2.0, when that was the only browser available. I only gave up on Netscape when they stopped putting out new versions. Then I moved over to Mozilla and love it. I stay away from IE as much as possible.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wireframe9
    The drawback is it's much slower than Intenet Explorer, in term of loading and memory usage!
    That's strange... perhaps only when you have a bunch of tabs open? For me pages load much faster... apparently has much more efficient page decoding.

Credits
    I'm talking about the loading of the program itself. Even when I'm keeping it in the taskbar, opening the program takes much more time than IE.

Credits
    for me its surfs much faster then IE, but it does take longer to start up. i think it uses alot more memory than IE does.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    i use mozilla.. my modem doesnt seem to like it when i change settings.. but for the most part i think its the superior browser

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    but now I'm using MyIE2...
    Me too, i just turn to MyIE2 a few days ago and i find it great!

Much better when opening lots of windows
    ZHao:But in my arms, she was always Lolita

Credits

Thumbs up

IE is an utter piece of cr6p
    I use Opera but anything is better than IE.
    most other browsers seem to be mozilla-based and have tabs, sessions, better security, etc.

and, yeah, Opera is faster!

Credits

New Version of Firefox!!!

http://www.mozilla.org

Download and start spreading the word! Hopefully if enough people download and start to use it, Microsoft won't be number 1 anymore!

Credits
    I love the latest version of Firefox. I installed it on Monday and have been using it happily ever since.

First found Firefox back with version 0.8.

But Firefox has a ways to go before Microsoft isn't #1 anymore. Last figures I saw yesterday said that Firefox had only about 5% of the internet browser market, Opera had about 1%, and IE had about 92% (although IE had dropped nearly 2% in the last 3 months, the biggest decline in 8 years).

So while Firefox is gaining ground (and rightly so), IE still has an overwhelming presense on the web.

Edit:
    Sorry, should have read Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox has 5% of the internet browser market.
    Last edited by corfy; 09-17-2004 at 10:12 AM.

Credits
    I've been using firefox for a bit. I'm not an advanced web-head so most browsers seem pretty similar to me. But Mozilla does load a bit slower on my computer than IE.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I'm curious mppdrake and wirm... are you on Windows machines, Linux, Macs, or something else?

If you are on Windows, of course the load time is slower for Firefox than it is for IE... IE is integrated into Windows, so most of it is always running. Firefox has to start from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast